Do you view the word "Apostate as derogatory"

by mankkeli 27 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

"Some brothers feel as if they CAN partake from the table of Jehovah and from the table of demons. They frequent apostate websites, and even share in criticizing Christ's brothers and worse -- spreading lies and causing dissention. Jehovah sees all things. May we never begin to think that anything less than unwavering loyalty to Jehovah will keep us safe on the Ark of survival, during these last days."

The only lies I've spread about "Christ's brothers" is that they were "annointed" by God and that they were his channel for True Light in this Dark System Of Things. Oh how Satan had veiled my eyes.

On a side note, RE: THE ARK OF SURVIVAL

True story: When I was a 18, I wrote a short-story about a son Noah had who was not mentioned in The Bible. He didn't get to be on The Ark because he didn't believe that God will kill innocent people by means of The Flood.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Why I would care what members of a cult think of me?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

donotplaceliterature:

True story: When I was a 18, I wrote a short-story about a son Noah had who was not mentioned in The Bible. He didn't get to be on The Ark because he didn't believe that God will kill innocent people by means of The Flood.

Good stuff! Theocratic Fan Fiction

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Good stuff! Theocratic Fan Fiction

The only person that ever read it was my older sister (who was never baptised). She cried and told me I should show it to our parents. I never had the guts. I don't know what happened to the notebook I wrote it in, either. I probably pitched it because I was afraid someone would read it and start asking questions.

OP: Sorry if this derailed your thread temporarily.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Some of my best friends are apostates.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I used to fear that word. I used to fear apostates. Even after I woke up I still didn't want to be one. Once I really broke free, I understood. They want us to keep quiet, they want us to stay in line, they want us to keep their secrets. They are right to instill such fear, we know way too many things they can't have known. We know about way too many skeletons. We are scary, to those in charge. We can see.

I have no fear of them, so that word holds no fear for me now. The fact that I no longer have that fear, is why I wear it proudly. I not only will not! stay quiet, I cannot stay quiet. I could not stay silent about this anymore than I could stay silent watching someone beat up a kid. I see clearly the harm that is being done. I see clearly the lies that are being used. The manipulation, the propaganda, the mind control, etc. I see.

I can't keep quiet.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Only those who knowingly take a stand against God himself can be accurately labeled as "Apostates". As there is no true religion today, the phrase is meaningless. The closest group to being apostates today would be the governing body as they have a fairly accurate understanding yet have, as the Scribes & Pharisees of old, turned their back on truth. And worse yet, have blinded the minds of the masses. I really miss the concept of a burning Hell as these guys really deserve one.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I'll accept their label of "Apostate" . . . and they can accept mine of "Cult"

It's only fair.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No..

The WBT$ doesn`t Define who I Am..

In My World..

The WBT$ doesn`t Have an Opinion..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• agonus
    agonus

Not at all. The Greek root word from which the English word "apostate" simply convey the idea of "standing away", i.e. to distance yourself from something. Does the current GB "stand away" from previous WT teachings?

Did Jesus "stand away" from the teachings of the Pharisees?

If so, is "apostasy" ALWAYS necessarily a bad thing?

In purely semantic terms... WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

The difference is, the GB calls their apostasy "new light" and everyone else's apostasy "apostasy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit