November 15 WT on jw.org

by Gayle 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

ugh,,

had article of disabled woman,,she had offer of marriage by a fellow disabled man, considered ,but not a JW so will wait till new world when can leap and run and be sound of health. poor dear.

another article about "temporary residents" to subsist and work for suffiencies as "the days are numbered" and then can have a beautiful house. And more criticsm about higher education.

right after that article is a QRF about what part of day did Jesus died,,sorry did not read that,,who cares? not me.

Right have that, is a revolting article, when they tell everyone to just get by financially in their lives to,, to donate their insurance, stocks and bonds, houses, properties, jewelry, etc, etc, etc, or in provision at death. (I get so nauseously sick when they do this) (especially after reading this week all about the $1billion dollars they're going to get in those Brooklyn properties) Their gall astounds me and that their people don't see this when these contradicting demands are back to back in the same magazine!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So! It's all about do more so the GB can have power and cash.

I think even the QFR's are made up by the writing dept. Why don't they answer REAL questions about REAL issues, y'know, rampant pedophilia, the UN NGO thing, and lots of other stuff that brings reproach on the GB's cashflow.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Did they wrap up their 607 vs 587 arguments?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Pretty crazy article on Jehu. He slaughtered apostates and in a similar manner Christian Elders may have to take dramatic and courageous action to protect the congregation.

This is stupid.

SIAM

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@NRFG they will wrap it up in the Public Edition, not the Study Copy.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Oh that's the study copy the OP was referring to!! Oh ok, thanks DPL!! I'm looking forward to that issue, which is a new thing for me. I can't recall the last time I looked forward to something from the WT.

• clarity
    clarity

OMG that just makes sick.

>

Makes these words flash through my head ... pillage robber marauder thrashing looting stealing sucking wringing spoiling crushing taking wrench lying squeezed extorting misleading wretchedness destitute sacrifice give-till-it-hurts everything nothing poverty pennyless stripped devastating wasted abandoned alone.......

clarity

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wow. Just did a "faithful slave" search on the issue and it doesn't appear even one time!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Just ran through it quickly and noticed a couple of other interesting things:

--High ed: The statement in the study artcle on "Temporary Residents" that says "Vigilant Christians refrain from using the world to the full when it comes to higher education" (or something like that), is about as close to making a rule on higher ed as I've seen. I don't think they could put it any stronger without it actually becoming a rule. I would hazard a guess that the economic downturn globally is sending JWs back to school and parents are probably telling teenagers to go to college right out of high school, given that employment among teens is around 50% in many areas, even here in the US. The GB is cracking down on this, "evidently," yet I would be curious as to what they think the average 18 year old JW fresh out of the hs would actually be able to do for a job??? Oh, that's right--Jehovah will provide. I forgot.

--The article on preaching to me was also noteworthy. I can't remember ever seeing an entire study article specifically instructing JWs to go after men as a group. Clearly, the gender imbalance is reaching crisis proportions in many places. Plus, I wonder if anyone actually stops and thinks: Don't JWs teach that Jehovah draws right-hearted persons to him? That angels are directing sheep-like ones to the "Truth"? If that's the case, why the heck isn't God drawing more men? Why aren't angels seeking out the sheepish men?

--The QFR on the discrepancy in times of impalement b/w Mark and John contains no real explanation and so the article ends somewhat lamely: "Although sufficent Scriptural information is not available to explain the difference, we can trust the Gospel accounts." This is emblematic of the whole WT stance toward the Bible--that belief in it is a matter of faith and not of logic or any kind of internal or external evidence. It doesn't really matter what anomalies or fallacies you might uncover, it is a priori the Word of God and therefore infallible.

• blondie
    blondie

stuckinamovement

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit