What % of each JW talk do the dubs listen to?

by highdose 16 Replies latest jw friends

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

That might be singlehandedly the funniest GIF I've ever seen.

• Ding
    Ding

Why listen?

How many times do you need to hear, "The organization is always right" in order to get the message?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Very accurate depiction of how the brain works during the meetings highdose....I would include the sexual fantacy I would play out in my head in order to pass the time that I had to sit still during the meetings (when I was a horny teenager)...I would wonder if the speaker noticed the weird smile I would have on my face-

and any part that included public comment I would try to answer as early as I could- then I looked like a good dubbie to mom and the other JW drones...and then my mind could drift off again to Dean Cain, Harrison Ford, or whatever "heart throb" I was into at the moment (never other male dubs...yuck)

CHG

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

quit lying CHG, you were thinking of the Howard Boys. Admit it.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Or was it alan rickman??? I will never tell

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I typically listened to what I had to. If I already knew something for the 50 billionth time, I didn't waste my time listening. Or, if it made absolutely no sense (since when is my everlasting life contingent on knowing about some deal or agreement, and all the 50 billion applications, that doesn't even involve me). Usually, those intentionally confusing parts have zero bearing on my living my life, and the action I take because of them is nothing. They also change frequently, adding to the confusion.

And, the instructional parts are equally wasteful. Most are redundant. Sometimes you get a part on the music--then, you will hear about it for the next 10 years or more. You hear one part about going online, you hear about that for 10 years. Most of the Circus Meetings are about getting in field circus, sacrificing more to be there all the time, and pio-sneering. I don't need to hear that all the time--you hear it once, that is plenty. And doing--I do the amount where doing the next unit is going to cost me more than I am going to receive in benefits. (Which is zero.)

• young_one
    young_one

I probably listened to 5-10% of the talk (out of 30 minutes, that's approximately 3 minutes, at most), depending on my level of zeal. The talk went by much faster than the Watchtower study, for me. Luckily I sat with some friends whose attention spans were equally as short, so we were able to distract each other. We would write notes in our Watchtowers and "pass" them, we'd point out funny things about the speaker and whisper them to each other until our whole row was stifling giggles.

I don't know if anyone else did this, but during the really boring lulls, I thought about really naughty things pretty much the entire time. Not because the Kingdom Hall was in any way stimulating, but rather, out of sheer boredom. Getting caught up in a fantasy was the best way to pass the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit