I read this on Facebook

by jamiebowers 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sd-7
    sd-7

I always wondered if anyone had actually been molested or anything in that regard due to a pedophile being out in field service. That's terrible. I can remember feeling a little weird going alone, on occasion, to study with a couple of boys years ago, and I often wondered if their mom worried about that sort of thing. They were good kids, I sure hope nothing like that ever happens in my old territory...but I don't know of anyone in my old congregation who was like that. That I know of....

--sd-7

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I don't understand why the Watchtower Society is so lax on their policies on child molesters. They are detailed about so many other trivial matters.

I would think,they would at the very least, want to save themselves from lawsuits.

There was an older article that did state anyone convicted of molesting a child couldn't be appointed as an elder or MS.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    but I don't know of anyone in my old congregation who was like that. That I know of....

That's the problem....these creeps ren't made known to the congregation.

There was an older article that did state anyone convicted of molesting a child couldn't be appointed as an elder or MS.

I'm pretty sure it was worded, "known" pedophile.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And as I recall the article, this applied to predators who molest AFTER baptism. Something like once they accept the truth in their hearts and THEN commit these acts---all sanctions apply. It didn't say anything about those convicted BEFORE baptism.

ALSO--they can never have a position of trust, elder, MS, pioneer, no instruction talks etc. NO SANCTIONS on going door to door though. So the unsuspecting public receives absolutely no protection. And the perv can still be in the school---so a new person may see him up there and give him the same trust the cong. gives MS and elders. They don't know how the congregation operates.

NC

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

There is also the 2 witness rule that still applies.. most child molestation goes on without 2 witnesses, thereby allowing child molesting elders to serve as long as they don't get caught, even when the victim tells the body of elders about the abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit