Bethel U.S Zone visit scheduled for Oct 2011

by Red Piller 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zoiks
    zoiks

Excellent, Shador! I'm less than eager to hear even one second of it, but it will be interesting to get wind of any 'new light' the GB might trot out.

• cedars
    cedars

I've attended one zone visit in my entire life, and quickly made my mind up that I wouldn't be going to any more. It was before my awakening and I was half expecting to hear some deep, profound truths explained in ways I could never have imagined. Instead, I got the dullest, most excrutiatingly predictable "state-the-obvious-athon" I've ever heard in my life. I couldn't wait for it to end.

I find the very concept of a "U.S. zone visit" hilarious, since it all seems very pointless. Isn't a zone visit essentially supposed to be a visit (which implies some amount of travel) by a representative of the Governing Body? Precisely how much travel is needed to wander down a few corridors from the Governing Body's boardroom to the U.S. branch offices? Does nobody else think it's a bit silly to give it so much hype?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Can someone post where thses will be or PM me? I'd really appreciate it.

• Mary
    Mary

A member of the US branch committee will give a fake report on the zero or negative percent progress in the field

Talk by a visiting Zombie Zone Overseer

And a talk by the GB.

It will be "approx 2 1/2 hours in length."

2 1/2 hours eh? Wow! I bet the sheeples will be lining up for this one!!!

• Shador
    Shador

discreetslave you have a pm

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Hi leaving wt!

I've heard that same statement myself: "You're not here because you're the best we could find. You're here because you were available!" The double-speak translation goes something like this: “Just because your here, don't think that you can debate us. We'll use you since your not interested in the world.”

Right dontplaceliterature!

Any meetings that the R&F aren't invited to was a constant source of, “in your face” you “nobody’s”! It didn't matter how unimportant it was, the clique in all the halls around the area were notorious in this bashing opportunity! It would go on comment after comment, meeting after meeting! It's a true cultic technique of “religious abuse” by unchristian bullies. It was their power play, a way of saying: “We're better than you, because we'll be in paradise; and you flock we wont share all the secrets with you!”

Hey cedars!

My family went to the special assembly after 9/11, and were also wondering: “What was that all about?” Nothing! Even the last talk by a member of the GB left peoples scratching their heads! So this is very common, as many here have posted on another thread to this fact.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I hope someone can post notes here from the talks. I'd like to know what the report for the US Branch will be.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Mary...zoned out!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Shador, you have a PM

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I was born into this mess and this is the first I've heard of an exclusive, invitation only meeting! I thought we were all the same, serving "shoulder to shoulder"? Why was I never invited?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit