Bethel U.S Zone visit scheduled for Oct 2011

by Red Piller 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

It will involve 2 special meetings on Oct 22 and Oct 29. the meetings will be a

Watchtower Summary.

A member of the US branch committee will give a report on "progress in the field."

Talk by a visiting Zone Overseer

And a talk by the GB.

It will be "approx 2 1/2 hours in length." Ugh....It will originate out of Patterson and be simulcast across 44+ locations and in Spanish, too. You will need a "non-transferable" special invitation to attend.

• baltar447
    baltar447

gag.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Only long time and ultra-loyal Elders and elder-wives, will be invited. Long time Pioneers and elderly faithful Publishers maybe invited also. They expect some may be let down if not invited, but hey they can't invite everyone so the letter says.

Aren't we just so special to have a non-transferable invitation ticket?

Gag indeed!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Nice way to make many JWs feel guilty for not qualifying.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm certain that Jesus would've thrown a shindig just like this one!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I was at Brooklyn Bethel during one of these visits.

One of the Zone Overseers from South Africa (?) was a breath of fresh air. He basically admitted that being a Bethelite sucked, but that someone needed to get the work done. This was in much contrast to the dumbasses in Brooklyn who tried to tell you how wonderful it was.

I also recall him saying this: "You're not here because you're the best we could find. You're here because you were available!"

• cattails
    cattails

I like your account of the Zone Visit you experienced, LWT. That African brother told it like it was, I like it.

It makes me gag, though, to see this new Zone Visit presented to the R&F as if it was some sort of "parousia".

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I have some friends that always get invited to crap like this. They are certain to brag about having some inside knowledge about an upcoming change which signals how close we are to The End.

• lrkr
    lrkr

So.... how long after the first event will we have a complete set of notes posted here???? My bet- within 2 days!!

So much for special invitations!!

• Shador
    Shador

I could one up that. As a current pious-sneer, I just got my ticket today. The back says that audio and video recording are permitted "for personal use only" (LOL!). This could be especially good if they do the FM radio thing for the hearing impaired (hey there will probably be lots of older elders there).

So, who wants a 2.5 hour sound file?

Edit:
    Oh, yea. 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 29th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit