Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses send their mentally ill door to door?

by life is to short 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Question, though, relating to your experience: Would God destroy the householder at Armageddon because they didn't respond to the message of a unintelligible sales-pitch delivered by a severly mentally-handicapped individual?

We know the Witness answer to that is "yes".

Another question: Would he destroy the severely mentally handicapped individual at Armageddon because they didn't go door-to-door?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Would he destroy the severely mentally handicapped individual at Armageddon because they didn't go door-to-door?

Well, given his track record in the Old Testament (killing babies, little girl sex slaves, genocide, torture, ordering parents to stone their own children, etc.) I'd venture to say that snuffing out some poor kid with Down's Syndrome or some other mental disability wouldn't be too tough.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

When the last members of our family started to fade, only one attempt was made at visiting us.

But three attempts were made to "give us your time!" Not: 'Oh, you might be in need of encouragment',

just a: "if there's anything the elders can do, let us know!"

We sent then our time, though we quit going. Next month they were preparing for the CO's coming.

Again no encouragement, and asked for that month's time!

We had 18 hours each, but never turned in hours any more to these time bandits.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

No one will survive the imaginary big 'A' according to all the guilt, fear and phobia they drill into you but at least you have a 'hope'. Nothing definitive, just a measley 'hope' that a vengeful childish God won't lovingly murder you!

The cult has a 'bums on seats' policy. They don't give a monkeys about who's in as long as they get a full house. Then they skin the flock and don't care who suffers. There have been those that joined the cancer and ended up being mental as a result. Like the 'sister' that lost her cat.....somehow Jar Hoover brought it back to her. She suffers with M.E. and all manner of stuff. She was OK until she got 'mind cleansed'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People who Knock on your door to Threaten your Life..Are not normal..

JW`s do it every week..And..

Attend 5 meetings a week to learn how to threaten more effectivly..

Some may be better groomed or speak better..But..

They`re all Nuts..

What!..

You don`t want to be a JW?..

Your going Die!..

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_89/1160421073y2uZ1r.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Miz, isn't it funny how, despite this being technically true, the typical Service Committee can't even educate the JWs on how to actually be effective at the door, let alone determine who is fit to solicit their propaganda.
    The result of all this theocratic training? The average JW, even if they are mentally healthy, is a complete mess at the door.
    Facking hilarious.

It is hilarious. Despite being called the Service Committee as if they really have anything to do with service, their real purpose is more in harmony with the 3 man commishes found in criminal organizations like the Mafia, Prison Gangs, or corrupt cops who "make things go away." There's the elder body, and then there's THEE SERVICE COMMITTEE. The Service Committee is all about enforcement first, with theocratic training being the last thing on their mind. It's a joke, the whole religion is a joke of epic proportions. The only other purpose I can think of that the Service Committee serves is a convenient scapegoat to be blamed when things go bad so that the WT itself is facilitated.

But yeah, sticking with the thread topic, I can only imagine what the general public thinks after we walk off their door steps. So much for the Theocratic Ministry School and the Service Meeting. Both the completely sane and mentally ill leave the same impressions upon the householder. Field Service is such a joke.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Outlaw, I must admit that I never thought of it like this..... brilliant. I'm going to explain this one to Mrs. Falcon. I'll send you a royalty check.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@MrFalcon!!..

I found a Pic of the WBT$/JW God..

"JehovaGeddon"

Accept the WBT$ & Join the JW`s or..

I`ll Blow your Nose!..

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/1/1b/Crazy_Harry.JPG

..................... ...OUTLAW

• life is to short
    life is to short

Palmtree

What you said here "Did they really believe people's life or death hung in the balance, based on their reaction to this sister's blitherings?

I mean, bless her heart.........but what good is accomplished by sending such ones out door-to-door?"

That was what I always asked my husband. I mean first some of the ones we worked with you just could not understand them as they truly just mumbled. Here I would be standing at this strangers door like you mentioned with the householder looking at me like why are you here? Some householders would take the magazines out of pity for them which was bad because then unknown to them they just became a return visit.

Many of these mentally ill had a long list of RV's. I have went with them on their calls and the householder treated both of us like we were special needs people. I know as soon as we left the magazines went straight to the trash can. It may have made have made the mentally ill feel good but it did nothing for the householder as all householder thought was that we were a very strange religion. They did not know have a clue that they had to listen to this person mumble or they would soon die. That was God was going to kill them for not being a JW

My husband always told to read Luke 19:14 and if Jehovah could make the stones cry out surly he could use these mentally ill. I always shot back to him that if someone cold called at our home for raising money say for a school drive as that happens a lot where we live and they smelled really bad and mumbled where you cold not understand them, would we give them money? What would we think of the school for sending them out? We would probably call the school and ask if they really did send them out.

Yet here as JW's we are not only sending these kind of people out door to door but we are going with them! And this is not just a fund raiser but it means the lives of the householder if we truly believe the religion.

My husband's response was always that Jehovah uses all kinds of people to spread his word. As much as I tried to understand it I never could.

I remember when I was a teenager this young brother in his early 20's came into the hall his family was from the other side of the state and from what I understood they were strong JW's. The guy seemed very normal and everyone liked him. Unknown to to us all he had stopped taking his meds. Then one day out in service in a car group they passed a white horse in a field and he told the group 'that might be the house that was meant for him.' They were like 'what are you talking about?' He said 'you know I am supposed to come riding a white house soon.' They thought he was joking laughed but he just got really upset and agitated with the car group. Turned out he had major mental problems and no one knew. They had to take him home as he was getting so upset with the group. That is truly scary. His family had hoped that moving out on his own would be good for him and they did not want him to be looked down on for his illness.

This religion is just scary to me.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Some may be better groomed or speak better..But..

They`re all Nuts..

Outlaw that is classic.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit