Name change for JW organization in the Netherlands

by Gorbatchov 16 Replies latest jw friends

• agent zero
    agent zero

yes, that has been the name on this side of the ocean for a few years already, except it's Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

• blondie
    blondie

BUT

km4/79p.4Announcements***

Is it appropriate to have a Kingdom Hall sign saying: "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses"? So there will be uniformity, the Society encourages all to make their signs read: "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses." (See October 1978 OurKingdomService, page 3, paragraph 5.)
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Sounds the same as "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses?" I just "googled" for translation of Dutch to English and found the Dutch word of "gemeenschap" translates to "community" but their "gemeente" word translates to "congregate."

So sounds like the WTS is trying to get the 'Christian' in there any more. With all their "corporations," they become an entity of a thousand faces.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Blondie: I always thought we avoided the christian monnicker because we did not want to identify ourselves with the great harlot..

What's next, kingdom halls get renamed to churches?

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Right on illuminator!

Maybe, "Watch Tower Kingdom" on earth,

or "Corporation Hall" meetings,

perhaps "Church of Jehovah" (German YHWH spelling),

even "Society Congregates of The New World Order" !

• Violia
    Violia

Well this is confusing. In late 70's and 80's they said those who tacked on the Christan word were apostates. Blondie's post is accurate as far I know, when did they start using Christan ?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I just see it as a way of passing more blame on the rank and file witness. They already get the heat. Witnesses take the brunt of the anger directed at the Watchtower Society.

I try very hard to differenciate the two, when I am discussing things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit