Name change for JW organization in the Netherlands

by Gorbatchov 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Last week a letter of the Dutch branche office was read in the congregation. It was about a name change for

the JW organization in the Netherlands.

From now on the name "Wachttorengenootschap" (Watchtower Society) will not be used anymore.

The new name is "Christelijke gemeenschap van Jehovah's Getuigen in Nederland" (Christian community of Jehovah's Witness in the Netherlands).

Letterheads of the branche office are changed. Witnesses are told to use the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" instead of "The Society".

• agonus
    agonus

Here in the States for the last few years our letters have been rubber-stamped "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses". I think they want to "officially" appear more Christian.

But, of course, we all know The Tower holds The Power.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I saw the same thing in assembly halls in Spain a few years ago.. made me wonder. They probably think that name looks better in the media and in politics.. "See, we are just another christian group, nothing weird about us!"

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Nothing more than showing the difference between the printing/publishing part of the organization on the one hand, and the congregational part of it on the other. The KH is a congregation, not a printing factory.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Oh boy they formed another corporation. More legal stuff so they can get around things. Totally ADD

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, the puppet-masters in NY want to distance the WT Corporation from individual national groups of JW's, who in turn officially distance themselves from individual congregations.

They hope by this obfuscation to ensure that H.Q is not sued if a Law Suit gets legs and runs, they leave the minnows in the pond, or lower forms of pond life if poss. totake the rap.

As said above, we know this is lying pure and simple, it is just damage limitation to preserve the $$$ sent in by the poor saps who will end up paying.

Hard-hearted bastards.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Maybe one day they will change the main rag title to

"The Community"

then when the watchtower gets bad press all the sheeples will be able to say ''oh, no, thats not us"!

they never change a name without some agenda i'm sure.

oz

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

Yes I also got this news last week.

Is this has to do with some TAX rules per country. If you fall under an christian organisation you have task discounts in a country.

ds

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

If one of their org's gets sued or shut down, they have others still functioning.

The power, the honor, and the glory continues to flow money to them!

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

Its all about the money! If it is to have less TAX they do it if the see subsidy they go for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit