question about windows 7 upgrade and itunes

by DaCheech 13 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

I really enjoy my iDevices, but you are right iTunes is crap.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Lore - No I don't call that much of a collection because that's not all of my collection

I'm more of a Rhapsody person than ITunes, Rhapsody is compatible with my Blackberry and that's not all of my collection either.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

thanks guys, when I do it later this month I will try to prepare as you recommended

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

thanks guys, when I do it later this month I will try to prepare as you recommended

If you have an external hard drive, you can make a complete (image-based) backup of your C drive, using software like Acronis True Image (www.acronis.com). This will allow you to effortlessly restore back to your existing (Vista) installation, if for any reason the upgrade is unsatisfactory. The Acronis software can also be used to make regular backups of your new Windows 7 setup, in the future.

I would advise the following, however: If there are no problems with your existing Vista system, I wouldn't do anything. It's true that Windows 7 is a much superior product, but if there are not specific issues you're trying to fix, or specific features you'd like to gain, don't touch your existing setup. When you purchase your next PC, you'll get Windows 7 or 8.

In a perfect world, upgrading your Windows operating system would be a novice task. Here in the real world, it can quickly turn into a nightmare. Proceed with caution. (Often, the process is quick and painless, but not in every case, depending upon the specific hardware involved.)

Before upgrading, please VERIFY that your manufacturer supports Windows 7 on your particular model.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit