question about windows 7 upgrade and itunes

by DaCheech 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have a pc running windows vista.

I was thinking about buying windows 7 upgrade................... what will happen to my itunes stuff and purchases?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I had hard drive work done on my computer, so when you get it back it's just like it's brand new, everything is gone, as far as Itunes, i bought an 8GB memory card and backed up my Itunes on the card. That comes in handy anyway just in c ase you have other computer problems, I've had several issues with ITunes, so I'm glad I have the backup.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You won`t regret upgrading..

Vista sucks..

I don`t know what will happen to your music..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here you go:

Depending on your hardware and your current edition of Windows Vista , you can use the Upgrade option during Windows 7 installation to upgrade from Windows Vista to a corresponding or higher edition of Windows 7 . For more information, see Windows 7 system requirements.

Upgrading is the most convenient way to get Windows 7 on your computer, because it keeps your files, settings, and programs from Windows Vista in place.

If your current edition of Windows Vista can't be upgraded to the edition of Windows 7 that you want to use, you can still install Windows 7 by using the Custom installation option instead. However, the Custom option doesn't preserve your files, programs, or settings. For a step-by-step tutorial on how to perform a custom installation, see Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (custom installation).

You MUST use the correct upgrade product.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-vista-to-windows-7

PS: If you phone Apple support, you can always re-download the items that you have previously purchased.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Just use a backup just in case.

An upgrade, if all goes well, shouldn't erase any of your personal files or programs.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Whether you are doing an upgrade OR a clean install, backup your iTunes library and de-activate iTunes. Once the upgrade or clean install is finished, download latest itunes and restore your library and activate iTunes.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I don't recall the exact reason, but itunes is one of the software packages that every upgrade installer I've used has recommended to uninstall first. I think if you don't it will break iTunes and break your itunes activation and just cause it to be a big pain in the rear to fix.

• Lore
    Lore
    as far as Itunes, i bought an 8GB memory card and backed up my Itunes on the card

8GB? You call that a music collection?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One more thing: Anyone who defends the iTunes software is an Apple cultist. Worst. Software. Ever.

• baltar447
    baltar447

And by upgrade installer, I mean the special upgrade DVDs that HP or others sent out as an upgrade assistant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit