What would it take for the JWs to spell "Jehovah's Witness" correctly on Facebook?!?

by Kudra 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

sixofnine -if it's code for "I am a lazy fucker" then I suppose it makes sense. But then that is not much of a code...

Maybe the code is more complex... different misspellings for different sexual preferences, different grammar mistakes for different drug uses... who knows.

steve2 -ha, I used to be one of those JW name sticklers. I would *always* say "Yes, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses", when asked (sic ) "are you a Jehovah Witness?" My passive aggressive way of correcting the offender.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It goes further, Kudra.

Are you still a JW?

Yes, we are all Witnesses of Jehovah.

My guess, besides sounding self-righteous, is that they all attend the Spanish hall.

• Kudra
    Kudra

No, like I said a few posts above, these folks are all native-English speakers that attend English-speaking halls.

Is that what you are referring to?

And... I'm not a JW... But I suspect you know that, right??

I am not sure why you are asking that.

• carla
    carla

Maybe it is their own little dig at the org? Personally I never capitalize jw's when writing about them in a casual place such as this or elsewhere, I refuse to even give them that dignity. Yes, immature but ...... a harmless dig at them in my own mind.

• Giordano
    Giordano

JWs have always been particular about certain expressions and references and over the years they have evolved. One can even tell on this forum what era a person came from when they talk about their experiences.

But this intentional misspelling surprises me. And it may be code for those looking for a looser casual witness connection. It also occurs to me that these might be born-ins who have a totaly different take on being a witness. That their disrespect is rebellion lite. I also wonder if the 67% of born-ins who are leaving do so when the fun social life ends usually in young adulthood with the growing realization that they need to get out from under or only socialize with others who feel the same way.

That's a lot of speculation for a mis-spelled name. But something is going on.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The only JW's I have ever seen on Facebook are what the FDS terms as 'weak, immature, etc.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

The answer to your question is... a college education!

lol

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My first thought is to keep anyone from finding their site (Other JW's). but If it is spelled like that it could be one from another country?

Snoozy..

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

What would it take?

An education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit