What would it take for the JWs to spell "Jehovah's Witness" correctly on Facebook?!?

by Kudra 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

I mean, come ON.

It's a damn religion that you would die for.

You call yourself a "minister".

And I bet you believe that you could debate like, a Harvard-educated theologian under the table or something...

So, JWN-ers, how many "jehova witness", "Jehova witneses", or "Jehovas' Witness"es are YOU friends with on FB?

Any other unique spellings I missed?

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL Kudra.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am curious about something. When the Society launched its own forum, there were strict rules that not even the slightest question would be tolerated. How do they keep people such as out? The same is true of Facebook. Facebook strikes me as so worldly and technologically adept for the Witnesses.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

this is racist.

• SixofNine
  • eva luna
    eva luna

I implore you to forgive my spelling of English, as I am not so premium with it.

Your humble slave to spell check.

;-)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

they might mispell it on purpose so it would not be googled, that is what they might think.

• Kudra
    Kudra

NO.

The folks I am thinking of are all native English speakers that are just so fucking out of it that they don't have the wherewithal or the respect for their own beliefs (?) to get the damn spelling right.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

maybe it's a code ;)

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, it was once common for non-JWs to mispell the name; now, everyone does it. My grandparents who died in the 1970s frequently reminded me that you never put 'The' or 'a' before Jehovah's witnesses. It was a No-No to refer to "The Jehovah's Witnesses" or to say "He is a Jehovah's Witness.Instead, you were supposed to say, "He's one of Jehovah's witnesses".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit