Bloodless Medicine to be used in the US Army

by Dagney 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

http://wn.com/US_Military_decides_to_Abstain_from_Blood_!_www_keepvid_com

Received today in an email...with lots of "Praise Jah's!!!"

• Gayle
    Gayle

What a blessing the JWs have provided, sacrificed their lives for and sacrificing their children for their U.S. Army!! Yes, praise Jah!!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Interesting that the JW's use the "safety" argument when discussing the benefits of bloodless medicine...safety was never the reason for the JW blood stance, it was rather based on obeying God's law on the sanctity of blood. I guess you can take an unrelated bit of information and "Bend it like Beckham" to make your point!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Of course, it is the wicked wild beast of government that pays for the research,,expense, and expertise of doctors (so selfish and wicked to have gone to college several years, instead of going door to door) of these treatments and services. Never will the WTS contribute or pay a dime for these services and expertise. Thank God for these wicked governments and doctors. No thanks to the WTS and no credit to be given them, that's for sure.

• blondie
    blondie

Can't see at work....is this something like Polyheme that is made out of expired blood? Bloodless, hah!

• blondie
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Exactly tya.

I thinking about what my response is going to be. I might say "so is it a religious issue or a medical preference/safety issue for JW's?" Of course blood isn't used as often as it was in the past. There are better alternatives in most cases.

They act like this is a miraculous provision/revelation from 'Jah" to the JW's, not an opinion concluded from scientific observation and experimentation.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

...and the JW's were the guinea pigs!!

• Violia
    Violia

I can read and listen between the lines, they are cost cutting. Recall lately we have been told that it was not necessary to get mammograms as often , gyn exams and other important tests. I have seen this nonsense before, it is just a way of cutting cost . You are at risk if you have a traumatic blood loss. the body does adjust to low hemoglobin levels but adjust and good are not the same words. It does cause damage.

I suffered a traumatic blood loss once and trust me,I should have had a transfusion. Only because i was young and otherwise healthy and went in with a high hemoglobin , did I survive. if i don't need blood they won't give it to me. But to say, well look at the jws who survived, hell, some of us did not survive all that well. major loss of blood can cause organ damage.

Welcome to our new health care system! Motrin is the drug of choice in the army for just about everything. I do not think I want my health care based on penny pinching.

• ssn587
    ssn587

got news for them, the US Army always did bloodless surgery if possible, i know having been under the knife several times while i was in the Army, they always mentioned that they may use transfusion if needed, guess i never needed it but it was my experience even coming in from the battle field that unless you had a large loss of blood they didn't use it. and I was medivac on two occasions from getting it in the field never used a transfusion either time so it wasn't something that was always used only when actually needed from large losses of bloodf, speaking from my experience only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit