Avoiding JWs

by MoeJoJoJo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I am so sick of being bothered by JWs(we are inactive);every weekend we can count on someone from the hall stopping by either Saturday or Sunday. It makes me mad because I know they are counting time with me. I just know it.
    A sister from the hall just called to see what is wrong, why we haven't been to meetings. There were two elders on our doorstep last Saturday at 1:30 in the afternoon-I had made sure the kids and I were gone all morning and thought it safe to be back at 1:00 (my husband was working all day)
    The weekend before both Saturday and Sunday someone stopped by. The weekend before that two other elders stopped by-we discussed some of the things that were bothering us. Get this: they left a couple of sisters in the car for three hours, we didn't know they were waiting in the car until the elders were leaving-how inconsiderate.

I know they are all worried and concerned but I am beginning to feel harassed. We are not ready to be DF'd or DA'd, not yet. So when people stop by, non-elders, we try to give some lame excuse about working alot.
    I feel like telling them to go away, but its not in my nature to be rude nor my husband's.

Probably what we have told the elders so far has set us on our way to being DF'd. That is probably why the second set of elders came by to try to 'readjust' our thinking. How many elders' visits do they normally make on you before you get the boot?

We are really starting to enjoy life and they are ruining it. Every knock on the door I think its another JW. I need caller ID!!! I just want peace.

I had to vent a little. Thanks

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

this is impossible...ask any anti on the board..

we witnesses are unloving, uncaring and pay you no
    attention unless your selling our Watchtower magazines.

• ninjaturtle
    ninjaturtle

If you got your lazy asses back to meetings, maybe you wouldn't have to worry about avoiding the brothers. Your only opportunity to worship your Creator directly is at meetings and you're missing out on it. What a darn shame.

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I am not exaggerating!

• Celia
    Celia

MoeJo : Yes, I can believe this would be very upsetting and annoying.
    Have you tried to tell all these "caring" people that your family need some space, and if you have any questions or need any help from the Kingdom Hall, you know where to reach them...

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Thanks Celia
    I like that we'll have to try it.
    Its funny because rarely did we ever have anyone from the hall just stop by or call until we both became inactive and stopped attending. Now we are being bombarded.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    If you got your lazy asses back to meetings, maybe you wouldn't have to worry about avoiding the brothers. Your only opportunity to worship your Creator directly is at meetings and you're missing out on it. What a darn shame.

I hope you are kidding ninja...

MoeJo, good luck...I wish I had advice...I got lucky and moved out of state Get caller ID, for a few bucks a month you can see if its the JW's or a salesman. It's a start.

I dove under the desk the last time some dubs came to call...I can imagine your turmoil....keep posting and let us know what happens.

Also, if push comes to shove, Amazing and some others have some really nice letters you can send.

{{hugs}}

• r51785
    r51785

It seems that you have really only two choices:

1. Disappear
    2. Disassociate

I chose to disappear which I realize is not always convenient. I got tired of people coming around and asking me if I'd "given up" or "wanted to die at Armaggeddon." I got tired of elders knocking on my door at 7 AM or 9 PM. So I moved away and told no one. That's the end of that.

• Celia
    Celia
    Its funny because rarely did we ever have anyone from the hall just stop by or call until we both became inactive and stopped attending. Now we are being bombarded.

Isn't that strange... Many posters have reported the same thing...
    Stay strong, it's your family, your house, your life...
    Be nice, but firm !
    Don't let them ruin your life.

• SYN
    SYN

NinjaTurtle: I find it hard to reconcile myself with your version of "worshipping your Creator". Last time I checked worshipping your Creator didn't involve having old guys reading you scripts prepared by a bunch of even older guys in New York, based on their own, hopelessly warped interpretations of a book of fairytales.

VITRIOL!!!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit