What to ask a proselytizing spouse

by Nickolas 19 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Try to create cognitive dissonance.

When the WT Society profits to the tune of $1 Billion by selling their Brooklyn Heights properties, are they going to use that money to reach out to the 2 billion Asians that Jehovah is about to destroy? If not, WHY?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    When the WT Society profits to the tune of $1 Billion by selling their Brooklyn Heights properties, are they going to use that money to reach out to the 2 billion Asians that Jehovah is about to destroy? If not, WHY?

I was at a convention a few years back where a man from the stage declared to the crowd that Jehovah had blessed the sale of the last patch of NY buildings. He referred to the transaction as a "very generous offer." They actually use the gross profit they make as evidence of their divinity.

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If one proceeds with the assumption that the Watchtower destroys lives and one's spouse is actively involved in the process
    of bringing people in and he says nothing about it, how does he live with himself?

It`s hard to say nothing Nickolas,I couldn`t do it..Eventually it will destroy both of you..

You`ll be buried years later,after living a Shell of a Life..

Indeed, how does a Witness live with herself
    if the people she brings in are later DF'ed or who later DA themselves and are subsequently shunned?

Your Mrs. doesn`t see it..They have her 24/7..She lives and breath`s WBT$ Lies..

There is no time for her to step back and observe her life..

It`s simply not allowed..

Or does it not matter because they're just going to die at Armageddon anyway?.....Nickolas

They wait on Jehovah the WBT$..

Everything in Watchtower World Fix`s itself..

You could be thrown out of Watchtower World for trying to Fix something..

So everyone Ignores the Elephant in the Room..

For their Own Survival..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Well, folks, I tried this afternoon to have a rational conversation and after a couple of hours gained not a micron of ground. The only plus was keeping it calm and rational, but the wall is impenetrable. Time I stopped beating my head against it.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Well, folks, I tried this afternoon to have a rational conversation and after a couple of hours gained not a micron of ground. The only plus was keeping it calm and rational, but the wall is impenetrable. Time I stopped beating my head against it.

Indeed, time we both stop with the nonsense and move on with our lives.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Well, folks, I tried this afternoon to have a rational conversation and after a couple of hours gained not a micron of ground.
    The only plus was keeping it calm and rational, but the wall is impenatrable. Time I stopped beating my head against it.....Nickolas

Your a good man for Trying..

JW`s Fear being talked out of their Beliefs..

They shut down..

They've been told it will cost them their lives to do otherwise..

They live with an invisible gun to their head..The WBT$ could pull the trigger at any time..

Cross the WBT$ and your DF`d..The Fear every JW lives with 24/7..

How will you Survive Armageddon now?..

The WBT$ has Psychological Extortion down to a Science..

Do as your told by the WBT$ or Die..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The only plus was keeping it calm and rational, but the wall is impenetrable.

That's not just a a plus, that is progress.

-Sab

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Nickolas - The difficulty I have with your suggestion, as good as it may be ABibleStudent, is that it tacitly approves something I have difficulty with. In this case I have difficulty with the aspect of non-disclosure, because it is as OUTLAW points out a form of intellectual dishonesty, if not deliberate deception. If one proceeds with the assumption that the Watchtower destroys lives and one's spouse is actively involved in the process of bringing people in and he says nothing about it, how does he live with himself?

Hi Nickolas, I do agree with your rational. I just like to win! I would prefer to search out other options instead of beating my head against a wall, which is what you would be doing as long as your wife is in Cult-mode. The key is to get your wife out of cult mode, before you use reason with her. I believe that what I suggested is the quickiest way to get your wife out of cult-mode so that eventually you can have a rational conversation with her. I do applaude your efforts and never give up. Something as small as having a calm and rational conversation is a tremondous leap of progress.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• still thinking
    still thinking

When I was studying........my study ladies had another study that was nearly ready for baptism. She had just started going door to door and getting VERY excited every time she placed a magazine with anyone...

One day they were talking (gossiping) about this ladies husband not liking her going out with them, so she just wouldn't tell him or tell him she was doing something else. And they were OK with that. When I pointed out that there were two things about that situation I didn't like.

1/ Lying to husband (either by ommision or outright lie)

2/ Them approving of this behaviour and encouraging her.

I argued that surely if her husband was the "head of the household" then she would share what she is doing. And if you want to be really to the book...she shouldn't do it at all if he's not happy about it. And what else would they encourage her to do behind his back.

They just brushed the matter under the carpet...and waffled something about it being for Jehovah and Jehovah being more important.

This was one of the things (along with many others) that made me question what they were teaching.

They bend the rules to suit....all in the name of Jehovah. And talk about blind...they just looked at me blankly when I said I didn't agree with what they were doing...you could tell by the looks on their faces, it was like I was speaking a foreign language...hmmmm...maybe I was.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have asked all of those and more.

What she does is on her conscience, not mine. She knows exactly how I feel about who and what is dishonest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit