KINGDOM HALL IN SHANNON NEW ZEALAND LIES TIDY BUT EMPTY?!!

by steve2 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They have buggered off overseas. Many of them as pioneers. You never see a young one door knocking in my town any more.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Where have all the flowers gone? . . . long time passing.

It might be relevant . . . it might not.

When I had a small business in Hamilton I hired a guy (non-JW & excellent employee) who was married to an XJW from Fielding. During the '80's all four of her children were sexually abused by a local Elder, along with children from another family. Complaints were made . . . inquiries were held and the two complainants were DF'd . . . and the brother continued to serve. (sound familiar?).

Like I said, I don't know enough to guage it's significance, but the P. North, Foxton, Feilding and Shannon congo's were a fairly tight little group. It wouldn't suprise me if a number with young families left the area . . . if not the religion.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is a fine waste of resources. Someone needs to waste time and money tidying up an empty Kingdumb Hell to bring praise and honor to Jehovah. And for what? The witlesses seem to be dwindling in New Zealand, having lost more than 10% between 1996 and 2001, only to gain back a paltry 80 in the next 5 (mostly children of witlesses, I would suppose).

If I ever migrate to New Zealand, I would not want the witlesses to show up. By the time I got into the cancer, they would start wasting so much of my time that it would be nearly impossible to start and maintain a business (let alone have $500,000 or more in an account and provide three or more full time jobs for New Zealanders). And getting regular employment that would pay me enough to stay in New Zealand would be next to impossible with all the barriers the witlesses provide. As for anyone else that is thinking or planning on migrating, either now or down the road, I strongly discourage studying with the witlesses once you arrive--they will diminish your chances of being able to stay there.

• sizemik
    sizemik

WTW . . . I once gave a Public Talk in a small town KH that could seat 120. I gave it to an audience of 7. 4 of them were my own family. The 3 remaining ones were the PO and his wife, and an elderly sister. Thankfully, the PO cancelled the WT study because we didn't have a qualified reader . . . so we packed up and went home relieved.

Ironically . . . the KH was the first ever "quick-build" in NZ . . . and was then 15 years old.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A public talk to an audience of seven? Boy, do they know how to waste resources. Not to mention, time--if you are trying to run a business, or start one up, you need to spend huge amounts of time negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers. Wasting two hours at the Kingdumb Hell to give a talk to only 7 is not how one succeeds in business, particularly if you are planning on wasting a couple more hours in field circus after.

• steve2
    steve2
    When I had a small business in Hamilton I hired a guy (non-JW & excellent employee) who was married to an XJW from Fielding. During the '80's all four of her children were sexually abused by a local Elder, along with children from another family.

That's shocking - and well kept under the carpet too. I had relatives who went to the Fielding congregation during that time period and I heard not a squeak from them about anything. It was always presented as a wonderfully close congregation. Yeah right!

• moshe
  • sizemik
    sizemik

@Steve2 . . . unfortunately the employee didn't turn up for work one morning . . . some thing he simply never did. I went to his flat where he was living, as the relationship was foundering, to find that he had passed away from heart attack aged 49.

I recall his partners name, but never caught up with her again . . . she never showed at the funeral. She was having some serious mental health difficulties (not suprisingly). Consequently the details I received from my employee were a bit hazy and sadly, I was unable to verify anything further than what he related above.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Shannon is just a buzzz with happenings....moshe there was even someone sitting at the 'cafe' in that picture...lol....latte anyone?

• steve2
    steve2

hey they make a mean latte in the Horseman's Cafe, main street Shannon - not like the watery lattes in London - we kiwis can teach the English a thing or two on how to make real good espressos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit