Shepherding Call Coming Up

by dontplaceliterature 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

I would suggest that you and your wife try to figure out ahead of time how you will handle the following two questions that may come up...

1) "Do you believe the Society is Jehovah's organization?"

2) "Are you willing to wait on Jehovah to correct his organization?"

As for the first one, I was able to get away with, "I'm not sure," for a while. But after reading "Crisis on Conscience" I finally reached the point where I couldn't say "I'm not sure" to either question with a straight face.

Don

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't have anything to add to the advice above but it is simply amazing how those stuck in have to put up with BS like this. I mean are we living in the 21st century with freedom of speech or is this Nazi Germany?

I can't believe what a frikken cult this religion has become!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

DontPlace, you know the routine when it comes to a shepharding call. It should be no longer than an hour at the most, possibly even less, and they're supposed to encourage you. You know the game, play along for an hour, thank them for such encouragement, and then they'll be on their way. You've already wasted many an hour of this religion, what's one more hour? They'll come in and for the first 5-10 minutes will make small talk about stupid things, and then they'll get down to the particulars of why they're visiting. They'll encourage you to what you're supposed to do on Family Worship Night, they'll ask if there's anyway they can be of assistance, and then they'll pray with you, make a little bit more small talk, and be on their way.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Just worry about your wife.

Regardless of how well-intentioned these brothers are, they do NOT deserve to know what's in your heart. Nor are they more important than your wife.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

dontplaceliterature YOU HAVE A PM

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

As it turns out, these guys have yet to approach me about a date for "the call". I think mrquik hit the nail on the head. They don't want to do it.

Regardless of whether or not they actually follow up, my wife and I have both discussed this in more depth since my initial post. I just asked her if she wanted them to come here and she said "no". I also do not want them to come over for a Shepherding Call. So, I just asked her why we were even talking about it, "I'll just tell them we'll pass if they bring it up again."

The whole program is a joke anyway. I wonder how that will go over...

• Bella15
    Bella15

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has todo with punishment. The one who fears if not made perfect in love" 1 John 4:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit