latest sketch as the round of art and exhibitions starts again for another year

by nugget 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
  • nugget
    nugget

hopefully the picture will come out. Since leaving I have been actively pursuing my art which I had neglected whilst in the organisation due to time pressure and the fact that it was seen as a vanity.

Last year I exhibited for the first time, got one of my pictures on a book cover, had works taken in by a local shop and have started to build a reputation as a wildlife artist. I wish that I had started this sooner but I am so proud of where I am so far. Time is too precious to waste time on things that add no value to life I am so happy that I can try this however late it comes.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

No pic is visible yet, but I would love to see it. Congratulations on the book cover and the local shop. Hope your success gets better and better!

• nugget
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Hey, a picture so nice it came up twice!
  • KateWild
    KateWild
    Well done Jane....good luck with the exhibition xx
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Good for you, I am an artist myself and I was the recipient of hurtful, ignorant comments and snide remarks about art. Many bros and sis' s genuinely believed abstract art in particular was demonic 😕
  • nugget
    nugget

Thank you for your comments. JWs are encouraged to be task focused and anything that they do not understand or does not contribute to the task is devalued.

It is such a shame that so many talented people are squashed within the organisation.

• Heaven
    Heaven

nugget, you are so talented! Your snake sketch was awesome too. So detailed.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Go for it sister. You got awesome talent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit