They came, they saw, they left...

by NVR2L8 25 Replies latest social family

• ssn587
    ssn587

When convalescing after knee op years ago, I wouldn't let kids answer door if witnesses came by, knew they didn't care about me they were just going to use visit to count time as they were all dressed up and obviously had been out annoying people.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I live 600 km from my family and even when I was l active in the cult I would never hear from them unless I called them. They always say how busy they are because they are pioneering or as an elder. They don't know anything else than slaving for the cult so that's all they crave to do. At 81 my mother is still pioneering...she doesn't want to do anything else. She sits at home on standby mode until the next meeting or field service arrangement. My younger non JW brother just became a grand father and wanted to visit my mom with his new grand son...she couldn't give him a time that didn't interfere with her service schedule! And they dare saying it isn't a cult. It's all about showing off their zeal to impress others. 
  • bittersweet2K
    bittersweet2K

I'm new to posting to this site, but have been reading it for the past couple of years. 

Since I left the organization I have not had a single elder or other JW come visit me to try to lure me back.  Nor have my JW family members tried.  They're too busy trying to recruit new members.  I knew when I left I would lose a lot of close friends, which I did, and I still really miss some of them.  I did have foresight to make sure I made new friends outside the org, before leaving and reconnected with some ex-jws. 

It was really funny one day when my old PO and a regular pioneer showed up on my doorstep, not  realizing I still lived at my house.   I was going through a divorce from now ex husband who has been a JW his whole life.  We weren't supposed to still be living together and apparently he had told everyone I had moved out.  They were shocked to see me there.  Stupid me for protecting the ex since he'd been having an affair with an active sister for the past year and lying about it.  I didn't tell them I was still living there.  I said I had just stopped some of my belongings.  Then the two of them quickly walked away to go harass my neighbors.

No loyalty to family or friends if you choose not to be a JW.  So much for true Christianity.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Welcome Bittersweet.

It was a wise decision to make friends outside of the crazy cult before leaving. I also had support from friends at work, some of which I have known for 30 years. I never had any problems meeting new people and making friends, but that's not the case for everybody and that's why many stay in the congregation long after they figured out something is wrong with the WT. I reconnected with family that were never JWs and that I had no contact with for 50 years! Same thing with school friends and work acquaintances. It's nice to see they are happy and successful raising a family...all this without the guidance of God's word or organization.  

• MissFit
    MissFit

Many JWs consider it a virtue and being "spiritually minded" to put "kingdom interests"first before family.

I dont think most witnesses ever realize how that looks to other people.  They just want to look good in their circle. 

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

In my experience the only time the uber family comes around is if you can do something for them, i.e. a free place to stay or cash. You may get something from them when they attend an assembly or elders meeting that makes them feel guilty that you are "weak". The feeling goes away VERY fast. If they can't count their time, you are just not worth the effort. They have more important things to do. 

The only time our COBE calls or texts us is when the CO is in town. He doesn't want to get his butt chewed out for not doing this "task".

Like I have said before...let the elders know that you need something (money, assistance in moving or help around your home), you will never hear from them again (maybe just a phone call or text that the CO is in town this week).

Can you feel the love? The biggest bunch of Hypocrites I have ever met!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit