They came, they saw, they left...

by NVR2L8 25 Replies latest social family

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

they were stopping by after just to say hello

Why did they even bother? They can say hello with a phone call.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

NVR2L8 , my husband feels the same if I have any comment at all about the JW or Governing body or WTBTS, even a question. He immediately assumes it is a threat to his belief and an attack.....sigh...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

JWs have been conditioned to think of family as expendable. You don't even have to be disfellowshipped for them to start treating you as excess baggage, as you have seen. Talk about "having no natural affection". 

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Telling others in your congregation you drove 7 hours to go visit Bethel gets you more recognition as a zealous JW  than visiting your sister...
  • Scully
    Scully

NVR:

... she stubbornly refuses to engage in any discussion regading the WT organization in fear that it will lead to an unfavorable conclusion.

You could always try quoting scriptures and let Mrs NVR draw her own conclusions. You aren't critical of the Organization™, just the people who make claims about being Jesus' true disciples.

"I wonder if that's what Jesus meant when he talked about having love among yourselves? Would our next door neighbors recognize that as being true disciples of Jesus? Just thinking out loud, honey..." 

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

she stubbornly refuses to engage in any discussion regading the WT organization in fear that it will lead to an unfavorable conclusion.

I think it's a huge turning point when a person realizes the differences that exist between JEHOVAH & HIS WORD and the WT Organization.

When the two come into conflict............which do you choose?

Which would you have chosen in Ancient Israel?  The pagan Levitical Priesthood that said to sacrifice your children in the fire to Molech...................or GODS WORD?  Weren't the Levites God's chosen leadership in the matters of worship at that time? 

Well, dear, time to go burn the kids.

Doc

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze
    Geez why even bother making the trip?
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I feel sad for your wife NVR to be treated with such a lack of family affection but if it helps her escape then all to the good.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

NVR2L8 - "Now that I am out of the cult I can clearly see how the loyalty to the organization trumps even the family bonds..."

"Faction before blood..."

• zebagain
    zebagain

"We miss you". I haven't moved.

"Havent seen you in ages" I haven't moved.

"We have been thinking of you". "Really, that's nice" 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit