WT message about Apostates

by mankkeli 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Because of listening to the Devil and not rejecting his lies, the first human pair apostatized. So, then, should we listen to apostates, read their literature, or examine their Web sites on the Internet? If we love God and the truth, we will not do so. We should not allow apostates into our homes or even greet them, for such actions would make us ‘sharers in their wicked works.’ (2 John 9-11) May we never succumb to the Devil’s wiles by abandoning the Christian “path of truth” to follow false teachers who seek to “introduce ruinous ideologies” and try to ‘exploit us with well-turned phrases.’—2 Peter 2:1-3, WT 06 1/15 "Do not allow place for the devil"

Does anyone here felt he represents this description above?
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about using the Bible, and just the Bible, to learn the truth about the Bible? If you want to know the truth about the Bible, there is no better way than reading it alone. Trying to read others' interpretations about it and claiming to know the Bible is dangerous because it could be a scam, and it will be no better than that entity's understanding of the Bible.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

We can see that the active JW are not "obeying" the slave.

The latest July 15, 2011 (paragraph 6 and 7 page 16) Watchtower says similiar "6..apostates are "mentally diseased" and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings." "7 We do not receive them into our homes or greet them. We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web Sites, or add comments to their blogs."

I particularly liked the "mentally diseased" *twitch* part. I am so not mentally diseased! Yes you are, I am not, who asked you?

• wasblind
    wasblind

If the WTS had the truth, their religion could stand up to scrutiny

truth does not change, or need to be adjusted. Truth is a solid foundation

to build on, no one in their right mind would build a house on shifting sand

newlight is another way of saying they shifted on their beliefs agains

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Watchtower is in the business of control so they believe that if anyone leaves their cult they will just get controlled elsewhere by someone else. To them we are either puppets of Jehovah or puppets of Satan. They will never understand, as they refuse to, the motivations behind individualism and finding truth by one's self. It is lie created by the Watchtower that Ex Jehovah's Witnesses follow teachers at all. We actually make a point to be skepitical of ALL "teachers" because of our past with the Watchtower. We put heavy focus on finding as much opinion and facts as possible so we can feel good about taking a stand in a certain ideology we can agree with.

The Watchtower wants to be right so bad, but what they don't realize is it's impossible to be right so they should put their focus on something else.

-Sab

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

to follow false teachers who seek to “introduce ruinous ideologies” and try to ‘exploit us with well-turned phrases.

Personally I do not see myself as a teacher, false or otherwise.

Secondly, I have absolutely no interest in trying to persuade anyone to leave the WT$. If they ask my opinion I will give it, if they come knocking on MY door, I will tell them what I think. But if they ask my opinion, its probably because they already have doubts anyway.

People leave because they want to leave. Often because they have been mistreated or have seen the hypocracy themselves. Reading this website, for instance is just one step on their way to leaving of their own accord.

And as for exploit us with well-turned phrases , its rather the WT$ who is the champion at that, making statements with no real proof behind what their saying.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz
    false teachers who seek to “introduce ruinous ideologies” and try to ‘exploit us with well-turned phrases.’

Who really is the false teachers exploiting the public? IS it not the wts who teaches 607BC as the fall for Jerusalem? Because of that date they teach imaginary date for Christ's return, and due to that they claim to be appointed in 1919!!! They use the bible but don't allow it to be read freely without their interpretation. GB make themselves an object of adoration and while pointing fingers at others that finger should be pointed at them as wicked twisted teachers of a lie. They tickle the ears of depressed and promise them eternity based on a lie. A cult is what they are and in their grip they try to keep those within that's is why they need to paint the outsiders are Satan's pawns.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Because of listening to the Devil and not rejecting his lies, the first human pair apostatized.

Adam and Eve were Apostates?......

So, then, should we listen to apostates, read their literature, or examine their Web sites on the Internet?..

Actually It`s WBT$ Literature..It`s Crap..We just point it out..

The WBT$ is so Fragile..

It can`t take any Criticism..

The WBT$ is not strong enough to withstand Criticism..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. has always been devious false teachers exploiting the bible for commercial purposes but also exploiting people who've come to believe in them.

From the very beginning they self created doctrines to attract attention from the public while enhancing the proliferation of their published works.

Yes its that dirty and corrupt of an organization, nothing else nothing more.

The posturing up "we are god's only solemn earthly organization" substantiates this perceived power of themselves as a self purposed identity.

In essence they've brought the verse in the bible of 2 Peter 2 -3 to a reality..

2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

• N.drew
    N.drew

"And what about using the Bible, and just the Bible, to learn the truth about the Bible? If you want to know the truth about the Bible, there is no better way than reading it alone. Trying to read others' interpretations about it and claiming to know the Bible is dangerous because it could be a scam, and it will be no better than that entity's understanding of the Bible."

WTWizard, I like that! This is a good thread.

One good lesson learned form associating with the JW BEWARE the wolf in sheep's clothing. I wonder if the GB is the wolf and if

so, what are they ravenous for? Blood?

N.drew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit