NJ new headquaters??

by Slayerbard 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

I just heard last night, they are selling off the building in NY.. no news there.. but someone mention they were moving the headquaters to NJ?? REALLY?? I thought they were building up further in NY..and Canada. WHY NJ?? that is the stupidest idea I ever heard? LOL

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I know they purchased land in Ramapo NY and Warwick NY...this is close to Paterson. As far as NJ I haven't read anything.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The sale of some properties in Brooklyn Heights is now handled by a realtor...and the WT is now disclosing an asking price. In the past they handle the transaction in-house and never publicly disclosed how much they were asking to the buildings. A sign of the times or they are deperate to sell their buildings in tough economic times....

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

apparenlty they are using a broker to do the selling too. Apparently it's in Vermont, NJ.. don't know much else. This is the first I'm hearing of this. I questioned the sales, and pointed out how they are scalling back and selling halls. Consolidating assets in business terms, and apparenlty they are all brainwashed they are sending the money to halls over seas and such. Which anyone with half a BRAIN knows is crap. Cause the scalling back has been going on, before the economy took the big dump.

• factfinder
    factfinder

While the society may be planning to sell most, if not all, of their Brooklyn facilities- there is much involved and this will not take place overnight. As far as I heard the only thing moved to Canada was the US Magazine dept- it must be a cost cutting move. I do not know of any plans for part of the world Headquarters to move to NJ. As was mentioned by NVR2L8, there are plans to build complexes in Ramapo and Warwick , NY. I believe Ramapo is not too far from North Jersey. Right now they are doing rennovations on buildings at Wallkill Bethel, and there are plans to build a large office building at Patterson, NY as well as other expansion there which would add a total of over 900,000 sq ft to the WEC (it now has nearly 2 million sq ft).

As far as I know there are still tax issues they have to iron out in order to go ahead with their building plans for Ramapo & Warwick. So they cannot sell off the Brooklyn facilities untill they have someplace to house the 1400 Bethelites in Brooklyn. As was mentioned they are activly trying to sell 3 of their "outer buildings" right now.

• Roddy
    Roddy

Warkwick NY is just over the northeast border of New Jersey. One popular way to get to that part of New York from the south does involve driving into New Jersey. Perhaps your source got something mixed-up.

Google a map of Warwick NY to see what I mean.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Roddy- Thanks! Its Warwick that is not far from Paramus.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Interesting.. thanks guys. I know you are all more up to date then the people in the halls are. LOL So glad I'm out of that mess, I can finally say i'm HAPPY.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They may as well move to NJ. One of the most corrupt states in the union!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I live one town away from Warwick, NY (I actually live in NJ), and the property the WTS is converting into the new world HQ (an old IBM office facility) is about a 20 minute ride from my house. The next few years should be interesting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit