What if Christainty is right?

by mankkeli 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

I was just wondering, what if afterall, christainity is right, what if there would be a ressurection, what if the heavenly hope is a valid aspiration God has set in place for faithful servants, What would be the hope of about 1.3million apostate dissidents who turned their back on the JW brand of christainity, Where would they be?, some here seems to represent the anti-christ depicted in the bible, but what would be their hope, would God out of his abundant mercy shield us somehow and what would be the rationale behind his protection?.

Life as we presently live it is confusing, the future as perceived is unpredictable, We may think our corpses are deemed to serve as manure, but whereas what if there is really Life after death. How would God judge those who seem to have spat on his face?, Would he view us as mere victims of abundant hypocrisy in a confused world?. I am just wondering, what are your views, what may your portion.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    How would God judge those who seem to have spat on his face?

Personally, I don't think he's petty. If he can see into the heart, then he'll judge on the true motives there.

That's what I think, anyway

• still thinking
    still thinking

$1 each way?

• mindseye
    mindseye

What if, what if, what if. Pascal's wager redux. What if the volcano Goddess Pele is real and we tick her off?

This is where fundamentalist thought leads us, down a road of 'what ifs'.

What if we just literally accept what science has proven, and leave mythology to serve as a metaphor.

Live a good life, treat all living things with respect. You'll be okay.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Your question is a classic case of half full/half empty. Either/or.
    You ask what if Christianity is right? How about ask, what if they are wrong?
    It depends on how you look at it.
    When you've been conditioned for years to think it's the only right way, what else can be considered right?
    It's time to think outside of the box.

CoC

• james_woods
    james_woods

If JW Christianity is right, and everybody else gets killed - (I mean Lutherans, Catholics, Southern Baptists, all of them-), then I would be pretty pissed off if I were just an honest monk in some small order who never did anything except make bread, walk around in robes, and pray all my life.

Not to speak of being an honest Bhuddist monk, an honest South African tribal elder, etc...

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I guess that depends on which Christianity you subscribe to... or even which version of WTBTSism you subscribe to... for instance CT Russell's version is Jesus was a "ransom for all" .... so if he's right you'll be just fine no matter what.... then again according to the baptists you'll burn in eternal hellfire and damnation if you don't except Christ Jesus as your ransom... burn baby burn!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What if Poseidon rules the waves?

There have been literally millions of gods worshiped throughout history. As of this moment, not a single one has shown his face for verification. The danger of this sort of thinking is in the multitudes of facets found within religion. It seems, if you listen to those who claim to know [and you can find them on every street corner in most cities, or on any of ten-thousand discussion boards like this one], that unless you worship the correct god, in the correct manner, you are doomed anyway. Hell, if there is one thing that Christians can't agree on it is the SINGLE PROPER way to worship the god they claim to adore.

Even if Christianity is right - and if I had a million dollars to wager on that I would bet against it - then what particular version of god and doctrine does one pursue, in order to assure that he doesn't arrive at the pearly gates only to be kicked southward?

I will pass. If there actually happens to be a god, but that god is sooooo arrogant so as to kill everyone who is confused as to how to worship in a world filled with ways to worship it - well then so be it. Who wants to worship an asshole like that anyway? [Oh, damn - there I go spitting in his face again. Bad habit.]

Jeff

• james_woods
    james_woods
    There have been literally millions of gods worshiped throughout history. As of this moment, not a single one has shown his face for verification.

Very astute - and yet billions believe that these gods did exactly that in ancient times, and yet for some inexplicable reason, cannot or will not do so today.

And today would be the ideal time, if it is truly the culmination of the ages.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Man, if it is....were SCREWED.

And if Jehovah's Witnesses are right, well, were REALLY SCREWED.

May God have mercy on us ALL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit