Has anyone, other than me, tried to get your friends/loved ones to prove 1919?

by garyneal 26 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

Since my wife feels that she will be held 'blood guilty' for not instilling these 'spiritual qualities' in our children, I asked her if she should prove 1919 to me as I have stated numerous times that if it can be proven true then I will be baptized at the next assembly.

One would think that witnesses would be trying to prove this doctrine but if my wife is any indication with her response:

"Even if I could prove it to you, if you are not of the right heart attitude then what difference does it make?"

My 'heart attitude should not matter, truth is truth and facts are facts. Show me the facts that prove 1919 and if I deny it, I'm responsible. If you do not show me the facts, YOU are responsible.

Death of my wife and her meeting with Jehovah:

Jehovah: Ms. Neal, you were given an opportunity to prove to your unbelieving husband that my Son selected the Watchtower Society in 1919, why didn't you?

Ms. Neal: Because his heart was not in it.

Jehovah: He was seeking Me, and you had the Truth about Me, he was confused and this would've cleared it up. Why did you not try? His blood is now on your hands.

Ms. Neal: Silence....

• Finally-Free
  • The Watchtower Society MUST be right about 1914 and 1919 because they do extensive research and considering how many times they adjusted their doctrines, they would never hold on to something that was not true.
  • This reminds me of my younger days. I adjusted my finances and bank accounts a lot of times. That was not evidence that I had my financial affairs in order. Quite the opposite, actually. Something that is stable doesn't require constant "adjusting".

W

• jworld
    jworld

I've found that it doesn't matter what is written in the past and the JW's I talked to would only debate from WT material still in circulation. Anything out of circulation they just shut down and won't even look at it. I guess old WT publications go from truth to literature from the Devil and his demon apostates.

Now I just find current stuff to pick at. There is enough there too.

• jworld
    jworld

You can only argue from material in the WT Library. Anything not there simply doesn't exist to a JW.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

There is another tactic JWs use.. "Discuss it with the elders."

Then the elders will employ their own selection of thought-stoppers. Even if you do prove them wrong, they'll just end it with "Wait on Jehovah."

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

I emailed my close friends and most of my JW family before signing off for good basically giving them a laundry list of failed prophecies, doctrinal issues, etc. Only one of them even bothered to respond to any of these items, like 2 of them with a typical doublethink JW answer, at which point she just said that I need to do more personal study.

Active, believing JW's cannot interpret facts like 607 being 587, the JW + UN connection, or any of the other numerous factual evidences proving them BS. You could take them in a time machine to see Jerusalem fall in 587 and they wouldn't even care.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I have been unable to prove anything to a Jehovah's Witness that contravened the party line. It is hopeless unless they take the blinders off, and they won't do that.

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

No one in my family will even discuss it. It's taken me years to finally understand that most of the long timers KNOW that the 1914/1919 doctrine along with many of the others we all know about are false. They see the GB as imperfect and feel that the doctines will changed in due time via Jehovah's spirit. They have no interest in the details. These people don't want to leave. They like the people they associate with. They're not willing to give up family and friends by leaving, period. This actually works like a mob mentality; everyone following everyone else. As long as the GB doesn't emphisize the older doctrines they could care less .

Jack

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have never had any need to discuss it.

They already have a question to answer that undermines it.

They know that I see them as having no credibility, that I expect them to answer my question and that without answering the question I see them as being no different to any member of any religion that can't prove, or won't investigate, it's doctrines.

.... and no ..... I'm not going to take the bait for a change of subject ..... If they want a change of subject they will have to answer my question first because the answer to my question is nearly always required to support an assumption in their 'new' subject.

Any attempt at weaseling their way out of answering my question is always compared to tactics they have accused other religionists of and treated with the contempt it earns.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I refuse to play apostate games with you.

Not that I want to be a sh*t disturber, Gary, but that answer really pisses me off! Maybe the next time your wife objects to innocent past times such as your kids watching "The Princess and the Frog" movie, your answer should be, "I'm not playing your cult games!"

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit