STOP reading your bible! You're wasting your time!

by irondork 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

THE BIBLEISANORGANIZATIONALBOOK

8 All the Law or Torah that Jehovah inspired Moses to write was for this theocratic organization of Israel. So were all the other books that now comprise the Hebrew Scriptures, or the “Old Testament” as some persons refer to them. But over fifteen centuries later, Paul, himself an Israelite and an apostle of Jesus Christ, wrote concerning these books that make up three-quarters of our Bible: “For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.” (Rom. 15:4) By this, Paul meant that the Bible, as an instruction book for the theocratic organization of Israel, had now become a book of instructions for the organization of the Christian congregation.

9 As the canon of books of God’s Word was expanded and the Christian Greek Scriptures were added to complete the Bible, each book was written directly to the Christian congregation or to a member of the Christian congregation in its behalf. Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.

The Watchtower October 1, 1967, Finding FreedomwithJehovah’sVisibleOrganization

• still thinking
    still thinking

Finding FreedomwithJehovah’sVisibleOrganization.....HA HA HA HA HA HA

1967 was the year I was born...therefore....a fabulous year!! ...with this in mind, I don't think we need to shine any light on this bulls**t...when clearly more important things were happening.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's actually quite the opposite.... Whatever there is of value in the Bible is taken from esoteric treatises on conscious spiritual awakening.... and that is something very personal. The people who wrote your Bible purposely designed it with a literal reading for the "vulgar" and an esoteric reading for the initiates.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    As the canon of books of God’s Word was expanded and the Christian Greek Scriptures were added to complete the Bible, each book was written directly to the Christian congregation or to a member of the Christian congregation in its behalf.

Except for all the books that were ignored and thrown under the cart like the gospels of Peter, Judas, Thomas.

• designs
    designs

The Bible sits next to Readers Digest under the Fluff Section

• Roddy
    Roddy

The Bible is the standard of righteousness.

Evolution teaches you only the strong survive.

You wish a world where people are educated in righteousness or educated to look after and advance only themselves?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Lol that article. Lololol.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

roddy: it doesn't necessarily have to say that. change your sentence to "only the strong excel". keep your safety net for the weak, and let the strong forge forward. seems simple enough.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Roddy - that is an incorrect and reductionist argument for what evolution says. Evolution says, amongst many other things, that change is inevitable and that where changes are beneficial to the survival of the gene and or where there is a selection mechanism (such as mate preference) and a means to perpetuate and protect that change exists (such as a small breeding population) then that change will be expressed amongst the offspring and may well progress to be a dominant trait.

As an evolved being I have social behavioural capabilities bestowed by millions of years of evolution that strongly rewards (emotionally, physically and in terms of survivability and efficiency) family and clan cooperation. As a selfish being I know that my best interests are normally served by working together rather than against my fellow resource competitors, indeed by co-operation I can see that I gain more than I could ever get alone.

Evolution has given us selfish cooperation, enlightened self interest is the most powerful force for moral good! Discuss.

Apparently god never knew that and decided that 'he' had to command us to work together or we'd all descend into butt scratching, poo throwing, cannibalistic, baby throwing, faithless Fox news watchers. Thank goodness someone wrote it down before mankind wiped itself out in a mass orgy.

• Terry
    Terry

The Catholic Church functioned for 1500 years by relying very little at all on anything in the bible because the heirarchy arrogated interpretation to THEMSELVES as ORGANIZATION.

Jehovah's Witness leadership craves the same Magesterium for themselves. In fact, they CLAIM it!

Historcially, to release christians from bondage to church organization (i.e. Catholicism) Martin Luther found an antidote!

SOLA SCRIPTURA (by the bible alone).

Martin Luther's "bible alone" with the aid of Holy Spirit freed believer's from having to go to priests for forgiveness, blessing and instruction.

Rome's arrogated "Authority" was dashed to meaningless pomposity!

Now STOP right there.

The result was ANYBODY could now claim the same right that only Catholic Church heirarchy once possessed with infallibility!

Read the next part very carefully......

IF (conditional word: IF)....

IF God and holy spirit WERE DIRECTING the believer with bible alone----this would be evidenced by UNITY among christians as to worship, belief and doctrine!!

Is this historically proven by there being ONE unifed christian church (like the Catholic monolith?) or has the opposite been the case??

You know the answer to that one!

Protestantism's theory (bible alone) was the creator of vast division, subdivisions, sects, cults, interpretations and claims of authority!

Jehovah's Witnesses were made possible by Sola Scriptura.

Now that the Watchtower heirarchy has power to do so they ARROGATE SELF-AUTHORITY identical to Catholic MAGESTERIUM.

They have snatched the bible back, as it were, and reserve the sole right to INTERPRET and administer "pure" truth and doctrine.

This alone is the purpose of the quotation and others like it from 1967 forward.

Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah’s visible organization in mind.

Full circle, friends....full circle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit