Father in law phoned over the riots in the UK.......

by watersprout 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    ''its' showing how close to the end this system is''... I immediately said that there were riots in the 60's and 70's to which he replied ''oh but not like this''

SA drops head down and repeatedly bangs forehead on keyboard...

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear WS... and glad I wasn't in your shoes on this - LOLOLOL!

Oh, and one of my FAVORITE books, dear Edmond (peace to you, as well!). The movies usually suck wind, though. That one with, who was it... Caravel, I think (not sure if I spelled it right)... was a travesty. Virtually NO resemblance to Mr. Dumas' classic.

Peace, chickens... and keep yer heads down (wouldn't want 'em to get chopped off by any Big A "rioting")!

SA, on her own...

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I notice how every news story is another "wolf!" cry. I don't recall any prophecies about hurricanes, volcanoes, tsunamis, stock market declines, riots, suicide bombers, angry speeches, tin-horn dictators' empty threats, cold snaps, heat waves, crime sprees, etc. Paul talked about "increase of lawlessness", but these aren't "peace and security" indicators of imminent Armageddon. The way JWs chop up prophecy and reassemble it at random is ridiculous.

Every generation complains how the world has gone to Hell in a hand basket, because all they have to compare it with is their own limited life experience. Harold Camping did the same thing; having the tribulation starting in the '80s. Really? While Boy George was a terrible scourge, it was hardly the most heinous era in human history. JWs having no knowledge on any subject makes them prime candidates to believe whatever they're told by the tiny group of men they worship.

I just watched the movie adaptation of Animal Farm, recently. The pigs' propaganda machine to the totally ignorant and doting animals was so reminiscent to the GB telling us how happy we are, how every occurrence is fulfillment of prophecy (and thus proof of this being "that generation"), and constantly reassuring us that now they've got it right.

To keep people on the edge of their seats for 100 years is no small accomplishment. Of all the end-time cults, JWs are the best at their craft. While Mormons might be bigger, their religion isn't entirely based on the world ending perpetually tomorrow. The "truth" is always right today, even though yesterday it wasn't; and tomorrow, today's won't be. Every piece of "new light" is like the cherry on top, until it isn't. It reminds me of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRW7pITY5Cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7igJHXenlAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VbI5zcB8Ac

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, how excruciating. I hope things calm down soon. This riot is a terrible things. However when compared to the riots throughout history, even just recent history, it's but a blip. They will see Armageddon everywere-it's what they are trained to do as they sit and passively watch the destruction. Happily plenty of people aren't content to sit back passively or run around with burning hair and this will be brought under control.

Thuggish people have ALWAYS taken advantage of honest unrest. Even before 1914.

• Gayle
    Gayle

To JWs, today is always worse than yesterday.

• ssn587
    ssn587

good for you watersprout don't let FIL get away with that nonsense, everytime something happens it is always a sign of the end to the dubbies. good for you for blocking his assertations of the imendkng doom. these people need to get a grip for christsakes.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I immediately said that there were riots in the 60's and 70's to which he replied ''oh but not like this''

I find that JWs have very short memories when it comes to 1) The 'old light' they used to believe wholeheartedly and 2) Bad times in the past that they looked on as clear signs of the end of this sytem.

Frustrating to talk to someone like that.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I lived through 3 riots, and, I concur, the world still turned.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I always thought the world is rather good overall.

I agree. In the western world (minus this recession) our lives are pretty good.

She said this was all spreading all over the world and when I asked were else she couldn't tell me!

My inlaws always talk like that. I think it's standard dubbie speak... They look so old for their age. Really haggard and worn out, they are wishing their lives away waiting for the big A.

SA drops head down and repeatedly bangs forehead on keyboard...

LOL Shel this made me laugh! (The greatest love and peace to you) I don't think my FIL will say anything to me in a while...Carrot couldn't believe he actually had the gall to come out and say it. Carrot has been VERY firm that NOTHING related to the WT is to be mentioned to any of us. Babysprout ended up in therapy because my FIL took her in the kitchen while my MIL kept Carrot talking (I wasn't there) and got out the Bible book of stories. He started talking about Jehovah and armageddon. Of course this bought back memories of hearing this at meetings and she was having violent nightmares that jehovah was going to kill her. Carrot flipped at his parents and they have behaved. She is not left unattended with them and she has said that if they want to start talking about jehovah, she will start talking about JAH of ARMIES and His Son Jaheshua. I pity them if they try and say anything, her faith is immense. She will wipe the floor with them.

I notice how every news story is another "wolf!" cry.

Yes exactly! When the twin towers fell my FIL phoned up my d'ad SIL and said ''you need to get back to meetings, armageddon is coming''.... SIL said to me that we are still here and no big A...

Now you have mentioned ''animal farm'' I want to watch it. It freaked me out last time but I have a desire to really ''watch'' it...

this will be brought under control.

It always is... The dubbies love unrest and drama... They get depressed when it all calms down.

Thuggish people have ALWAYS taken advantage of honest unrest. Even before 1914.

Thugs are thugs and they will never change... They feel that the world owes them... It's all because chavs are allowed to breed. *sigh*

To JWs, today is always worse than yesterday.

And they waste their whole lives waiting for something that is NOT going to happen! They have to be pitied.....

these people need to get a grip for christsakes.

Sad thing is they thing that they are in complete control....

1) The 'old light' they used to believe wholeheartedly and 2) Bad times in the past that they looked on as clear signs of the end of this sytem.

Anytime you mention that to them, you are told the same old drivel.... The light has got brighter, Jehovah knows what he is doing, blah blah blah! It's like they are robots.

I lived through 3 riots, and, I concur, the world still turned.

Are you sure armageddon hasn't come?? I mean three riots!! If it hasn't, armageddon must be soooooo close........ Lol

Peace

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    then proceeds to tell me that ''its' showing how close to the end this system is''... I immediately said that there were riots in the 60's and 70's to which he replied ''oh but not like this''

This is the same conversation I had with Mrs Punk. It shows the level of mind control they're under!

JDub: 'Oh, I stubbed my toe today. It's proof the end is near!* I have never stubbed my toe that badly before!'

*(Terms and conditions apply and are subject to 'overlapping' or ‘New Light’TM or which ever makes the GB look like God!)

• AGuest
    AGuest

They sell fear, dear WS (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and to that little whipper-snapper, BabySprout!)... because THEY live in fear. If they don't ANYTHING else, those folks know fear. They live it, eat it, drink it, sleep it. They are afraid of their own shadows. Fear... is the impetus for hate. And don't they know how to hate?! Both are the underlying foundations of most religion. They're no different except to the extent that they haven't yet figured out their leaders are false prophets/christs... fake imposters. When they realize this... doesn't mean they'll leave off worshipping "Jehovah", though (many RCs and other "christians" figured out all of that doom and gloom, fire and brimstone, "you're going to Hell" is a crock... but still remain religious. Ah, well... what can you do?

If they could only see that it's them... individually... and Him... through Christ... and simply worry about THEMSELVES... individually... and how THEY live their individual lives in connection to others...

If only...

Don't be too hard on your inlaws, dear one. Fear makes people think... and act... weird... toward others.

Again, peace to you and your household!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit