Women and Pants

by Lynnie 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

I'm still amazed that the WTBTS still don't allow women to wear pants to meetings etc. Is this a disfellowshipping offense?

• mummatron
    mummatron

It's not, but it is frowned upon.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/212073/1/The-J-Dub-Culture-of-Skirt-Wearing - discussed 2 or 3 months back.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Is this a disfellowshipping offense?

I don't know if you are being serious.....if not, then I fell into it but of course not!

Pants (trousers to us) are indeed frowned upon. They would not be permitted on an Assembly platform but it is not that big a deal. Women do wear jeans when working. Construction sites of J W HAlls are full of jeaned women and they do wear them for leisure...

This illustration was from an Awake

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yes I am serious about it possibly being a DF offense, a new rule could have been put into place for all I know!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What is wrong with well-tailored neat trousers? I'm not talking casual pants, such as chinos, or God forbid, blue jeans. It is strange in the photo that none of the jeans are blue jeans. I was one the first to wear blue jeans outside of a farm field or ranch. Mini skirts, too. Braless, too. We were forbidden to wear them at school. A girl wore them anyway and the lawyers said we could all wear them.

My jeans were bell-bottoms and well-worn, from Greenwich Village. People were so envious. We bought men's jeans.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yes I remember when we couldn't wear them in Junior high but by the time I got to high school they had given up on that rule. I couldn't even wear jean to the movies according to my mother.

It's just such an annoying rule, especially when you are out in service in 20 degrees freezing your butt off! It boils down to what I hate the most about the JWs, that men have all the control and make sure the women know it. I've always had a problem with men in religious power since they tend to use it for their own agendas. I've always thought women were much more spiritual then men at any given time.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

As my wife grandmother use to say women wearing pants was doing the devils work. Of course she was Free Methodist. Now in WT land pants on women has always been a no no at meetings and field service. After all we don't want the women to think they are superior over the men. Something about pants and women that gets the GB going ape. LOL Totally ADD

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

You mean if the U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, got baptized -- she'd have to abandon her wardrobe when attending meetings or going out in service? The very wardrobe she wears when engaged in formal meetings with heads of state?

Hillary, you ought to be ashamed?

Len

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Considering some of those awful grandma dresses some really conservative sisters wear, really nice pant suits should be acceptable. We've all seen those sisters who look like Church Lady from SNL. Big huge ankle length floral dresses with shoulder pads, and white pantyhose. Terrible!! Working in a white collar enviroment, I see all sorts of professional women in business suits, and they look sharp.

• FatFreek 2005

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit