THOUGHT EXPERIMENT: What if the Governing Body ... ?

by 00DAD 30 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

ABibleStudent - You have a PM

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Assuming they all are still true believers in the overall doctrine and rightness of the Borg, and assuming there are a good number of non-unanimous votes in the GB meetings there is a chance that at least one of the members is on the side of the losing vote more often than the others. If such a guy exists, does HE believe the GB - as a body - is directed by holy spirit?

Isn't God's Holy Spirit capable (powerful enough) of directing all things by UNANIMOUS decisions????? Regardless of how stubborn or ignorant one of the decision makers may prove to be?

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Is there even enough crap going on for them to actually sit down and vote on a policy change that often? The governing body are the rock stars of the organization and have their entire lives invested into this stuff; too much to bail out on. I'm sure there's a general pecking order and group consensus on things. Other than coming up with a few excuses they've had the same ol' story for years now.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

IF they ever admit they simply don't know then that would mean it's no longer 'close', they lose their sense of urgency and there would be a mass exit. The current end-of-the-generation is very close (as it's currently overlapping and the overlapping are already getting old) so 1914 - 18 (adult annointed of original generation) + ~70-80 - 18 (adult annointed of overlapping generation) + ~70-80 =~ 2020-2030.

People don't care if it changes every so often, it's just ascribed to human/divine error and the new viewpoint is accepted. If you leave that viewpoint empty because you don't know then there is a void that needs to be filled and people get anxious about it and leave. If people don't leave they have lost the motivation to go out in service and get more converts. This would likely make sure the ranks don't get replenished.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@00DAD - ABibleStudent - You have a PM

Hi OODAD, I responded to your PM. I hope that my instructions were clear enough for you to insert quotes into your posts.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Anony Mous - IF they ever admit they simply don't know then that would mean it's no longer 'close', they lose their sense of urgency and there would be a mass exit. The current end-of-the-generation is very close (as it's currently overlapping and the overlapping are already getting old) so 1914 - 18 (adult annointed of original generation) + ~70-80 - 18 (adult annointed of overlapping generation) + ~70-80 =~ 2020-2030.

I wonder if the GB admitted that they don't know, if there would be a mass exit. I agree that some would leave, but how many others would be confused and stay because they would be afraid of admitting that they were fooled to the family and friends that they shunned. I do believe that the GB could transition the WTBTS from a publishing and distribution corporation to a religion, but it would take a lot of work to overcome the throught reform and fears that exists in the GB. How many R&F JWs would just view it as "the light gets brighter and brigther"? How many JWs would be greatful to remain JWs if the WTBTS said, "We don't know when the end is near and living good Christian lives and spreading the word of Jesus Christ will the speed coming of Jesus Christ." I feel that the GB is good at spin doctoring and they have trained R&F JWs well to follow.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Ding
    Ding

"New light" sounds better than, "We don't know either."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But the GB members MUST know these things and yet still they won't admit to their error! Why?

Because to admit they are wrong is to admit that every bad thing, including shunnings and deaths, that ever happened to any of their converts and their convert's family members is the result of their doctrines/prophesies/rules ......... not God's.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

To Black Sheep, Yes: BTTT

• Gayle
    Gayle

The GB have psychological blinders because they were raised JW. by ABibleStudent

Who of these were raised JW from "infancy?" Russell was grown already, obviously. Rutherford grown. Knorr, wasn't it late teens,,Freddie grown. I think most were grown or maybe be late teens. Any record now of those, that were JW infants or small JW children. Has anyone done any research on their ages when becoming JWs? Do any of them know what it is like to be a JW kid in school?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit