FYI: Something is going on in Brazil that's interesting

by AndersonsInfo 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I agree with F.F 2005 & Steve 2

The witnesses will just change their tactics,but the end result will be the same.

How many times have we seen that.

The blood issue in Bulgaria ?

You cant dictate to your members they can`t have a blood t/fusion then disfellowship them if you do,thats co-ersion.

So what did they do ? O.K we wont disfellowship them. A change in policy ? Some thought so.

They said, that person who took a blood t/fusion by their own actions,chose not to be one of jehovah`s witnesses,and so dis-associated oneself from the organization....the result ? Shunning !!! The same as if he/she were disfellowshipped.

Their masters of deception

smiddy

• whereami
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

very interesting - thanks!

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks for posting this, and for working so hard to give us information. I appreciate your work.

It's good to know that someone OFFICIAL ,,, somewhere in the world,,, is taking a stand against the hatred of the bOrg. Even the mighty Oprah was askeert of their legal department ,, there's NO WAY she wouldn't have done a story on us otherwise. I know many from here had written to her in the past ...

talesin

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Awesome! Let's hope they get slammed in court.

• Lore
    Lore

You guys seem pretty anxious to toss out your freedoms if it means screwing the WT society.

What if the shoe was on the other foot and the Brazilian government was fining apostates for speeking out against the watchtower?

The laws in America that give the Watchtower the ability to spread their lies and instruct families to shun each other, are ALSO the same laws which give you the right to tell everyone that the Watchtower society is evil and should be avoided.

If someone you loved was beginning to study with the witnesses, wouldn't you tell them it's in their best interest to stop studying? Well that's religious discrimination, but it's your right. And I don't think we should be so happy to see those rights violated just because it's happening to someone else.

I realise the laws are different in Brazil. . . but maybe they shouldn't be.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How many openly gay people or even a person who is a devout member of another church, would a devout JW who owns a business hire ?

There are many examples one could pull out , showing how hatred and prejudice is ingrained and mandated in this organization.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Lore:

In my view there is a difference of religious freedom vs religious shunning. If you tell someone not to study with witnesses and give them your reasons, that person still has their own choice to make - an informed choice and you don't have to shun them if they decide to continue their studies. WTS can still go recruiting and spreading their BS. BUT when you want to leave the cult, your so called friends and family should not be influenced by their religion to shun you just because you decided to leave. Brazilian lawsuit is 100% correct. If the cult is directing it's members to shun, they deserve to be punished and this has nothing to do with freedom of any sort.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Saying or proclaiming a social behavior is evil is one thing, individually pointing a finger at one singularly and publicly insinuating

that this person should not be associated with is something quite different.

There is fundamental difference upon what one individual says about someone else or what an recognized organization says and does

against minorities.

Lets say the WTS. was a political party trying spread their political ideals throughout the public with all of their attaching prejudices.

Would that political party be breaking the law under the set guidelines already in-place regarding institutions inciting hatred against a minority ?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    " You won't hear the WTS stating that apostates deserve to die; you will hear the WTS saying apostates are troublemakers and not to be trusted. ..."

True, Steve2, but you can read where they long for the Mosaic law when they could stone troublemakers to death...

"You guys seem pretty anxious to toss out your freedoms if it means screwing the WT society.
    What if the shoe was on the other foot and the Brazilian government was fining apostates for speeking out against the watchtower? ..."

Lore, someone on this board has posted info about the Canadian government shutting down [Canadian] websites that expose the Watchtower Society's destructive policies, as part of the government's efforts to prevent any form of "hate" speech... Tho, to be honest, I seem to recall that it might have been a website associated with Rick Fearon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit