Nebuchadnezzar's dream image - no room for China?

by SweetBabyCheezits 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

A guy who used to be a JW buddy recently gave me hope that he's waking up to the WT fallacy. He's concerned about the fact that China is becoming the next superpower, which creates issues for the statue in Daniel ch. 2.

Based on current JW light, there's no room for a single dominant world power after the "politically fragmented" landscape appears (the feet of mixed clay/iron). Or, to quote him, "there's no China flip flops on that bitch." So when China has finally acceded to that position, WT will have to revise its light once again.

He says if that happens, I can expect some company.

Is anyone else hearing comments like this from within the ranks? You know it's gotta be bothering others, too.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Sounds like your friend is almost ready.

My mother has been suspicious of the Chinese for as long as I can remember. She believes that China is the next King of the North...or South. Whatever. Of course that wouldn't really fit with the pixelated feet of the image, but it would do nothing to make her doubt the WTS, nor would it stop her from giving China and everyone from China the evil eye.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Good point, SBC, although China has been a super power for a while now. They are most certainly not merely "up and coming."

-Sab

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Sab: China has been a super power for a while now. They are most certainly not merely "up and coming."

Eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_superpowers

A potential superpower is a state that is speculated to be, or to be in the process of becoming, a superpower at some point in the 21st century. Presently, it is widely considered that only the United States currently fulfills the criteria to be considered a superpower. [3] [4] States most commonly mentioned as being potential superpowers are Brazil, [5] [6] [7] China, [8] the European Union, [9] India and Russia, [10] [11] based on a variety of factors.

The People's Republic of China receives continual coverage in the popular press of its potential superpower status, [21] and has been identified as a rising or emerging economic and military superpower by academics and other experts.

China, with the world's largest population, has slowly risen to great power status, with large growth in economic and military power in the post-war period.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Evidently, China represents the iron and clay on the feet and toes of the image. Why can we say this? Consider: China's population is over 1 billion individuals--truly a strong population! Yet, at the same time, they suffer from oppressive rulers and the threat of a major lack of women to help reproduce and maintain their communities. In this sense they can be said to be 'partly fragile'. As the economic world turns its attention away from the declining Anglo-American World Power, we see that the Chinese World Power is now rising. Having already been a member of the United Nations, then, it makes perfect sense that China may also be the 'eighth king, which springs from the seven'. We are wise not to speculate. Jehovah will reveal all matters in his due time, through his appointed channel. (Amos 3:15; Matt. 24:45-47)"

That settles it for me. Next?

--sd-7

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

LOL @ SD-7. Nice satire, my friend. I only fear that you've seen the future.

• wasblind
    wasblind

On the back of the 2011 Dc invitation it ask: " What is God's Kindom? When will it come< and with what effect?

Then it states: " The answers to these questons are contained in the prophetic dream that was recorded by

the prophet Daniel over 2,500 years ago."

My question is, if they had the answer that long, how come they keep makin' changes to the statue????

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

WAS! What's goin on, girlfriend?? That's a damn fine question!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there good-lookin' i'm on my daughters laptop, so I'm postin' while I can :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ChinaMan

King of the North East..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VE-njzv9weA/RmtV85AmnZI/AAAAAAAAAAM/oWb01EVDctI/s320/The_monkey_king.jpg

It`s in the Bible.....Or......Maybe a WatchTower..

Maybe the Watchtower needs to re-write the Bible..Again..

Somebody get a Shovel and Dig up Fred Franz! ..

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/FrederickWilliamFranz-atBrooklynBethel.png/120px-FrederickWilliamFranz-atBrooklynBethel.png

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit