Curiosity/ Create the universe Stephen Hawking

by jam 153 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    before that time as we know it was NOT as we know it.

Yes, dear P (again, peace to you!), I get that. But this was about Dr. Hawkings and HIS position, as stated in the show, is that there was NO time (as we know it or otherwise)... at all... before the Bang (hence, the black hole model - because time stops in black holes... or so the theory goes). And thus, God could NOT have existed... because "there was no time in which for God to CAUSE the Big Bang."

What are my issues?

I've no idea, dear Bohm (again, peace to you!), but they seem to be multiple... and you seem unable to refrain from taking them out on me.

Again, peace to you, both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• bohm
    bohm

Aguest: Oh my, the plot thickens, I have multiple issues! Then what do my issues seem to be?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It,s all over my head. It created more questions.

SO, funny you say that, dear jam (again, peace to you!)... because this is what made it seem SO like religion to me: the way it came off, they wanted you to THINK it was all over your head... when, in fact, it was quite a LOT of "smoke and mirrors." I would swear (if I were a swearin' woman)... that I thought "Any minute now and someone's gonna say, 'Well, it's all really just a big mystery and we have to wait on the cosmos to tell us, which it well do it's its own due time.'" LOLOLOLOL!

I kept making my husband pause and rewind... and reLISTEN... to what the narrator and Dr. Hawkings were saying! When he did, he would say, "Hey, wait, that's not what it sounded like a second ago!" And I would, "That's what I mean - like religion, they're COUNTING on folks to "miss" stuff!"

Unfortunately, my "hearing" won't let me miss to much. Sometimes to my own utter chagrin.

I would tell you that, if you can, watch it again... and use the pause/rewind and go more slowly. LISTEN to what is being SAID... by the narrator as well as Dr. Hawkings (I think the narrator may be reading from one of the Dr.'s books?)... versus what you think you're hearing. It's the same as with reading: we THINK there are words there that aren't... or aren't that are... or are entirely different words altogether. It takes practice... and the ability to slow down just a tad. So that you can LISTEN... while you're listening!

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Time as we KNOW it and how it applies to OUR universe "stops" in a Black Hole, at least that is what we think now, who knows what we may think 100 years from now.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Oh my, the plot thickens,

No, that would require that little more "substance" on your part, dear Bohm (again, peace to you!)... which is one issue: you seem to be lacking substance.

I have multiple issues! Then what do my issues seem to be?

Well, besides the one above, you also seem to be a little lacking in the "depth" department. Oh, and in the self-control area... as well as the ability to act like an adult when those reason not to category.

That's (edited to say "four"), which makes it multiple. Do you need more? I mean, I could add:

The inability to control unnecessary and unwarranted sarcasm;

And inability to articulate what you truly mean/feel... so that you have to resort to snarky, snide, ridiculing one-liners that are really only red herrings thrown out there to deflect from the truth about your inability to articulate...

Which seems to ME to be an unconscious personal chagrin (another issue), perhaps directly related to the level of education... formal or otherwise... that you received... or did not receive... (another issue)...

Let's see... five... six... seven... eight...

Shall I continue?

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Scully
    Scully

I started watching it last night (recorded on my PVR under "Toddlers in Tiaras" ).

It felt like a bunch of religionists going "Oh no he DIT'N!" vs a bunch of multiverse scientists going "Yo momma" this and "Yo momma" that. I turned it off by 15 minutes in.

• jam
    jam

Yes I did record the program. I knew I would need

to view it A few times. It,s terrible when you have

the slowness of mind.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Time as we KNOW it and how it applies to OUR universe "stops" in a Black Hole, at least that is what we think now,

Yes! But it's put out there as "fact"... and it well may be (I've never been in/drawn to one, so I have no idea!)...

who knows what we may think 100 years from now.

LOLOLOL! Okaayyy? But many don't see how the scientific world is very similar to the WTBTS in this, with its claims of "new light." Both have a VERY similar way of saying that truth is ONLY what we [think we] know... right now. Even if it changes/is subject to change.

But truth... is ALWAYS truth, isn't it? Regardless of what we [think we] know... right now.

I hope you get to see the show, dear P. It's fascinating... for all of the reasons I stated. Very "enlightening", it was.

Again, peace to you, dear one!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• bohm
    bohm

Aguest, how can I have peace when you tell me I am full of issues! Let me in on my diagnosis!

PSac: general relativity is really all about describing what happends in different coordinate systems in the precense of the stress-energy tensor. So whenever one ask what "happends" in a black hole one has to make clear what coordinate system one is looking from and at.

It is true that if one look at a coordinate system falling into a black hole from a coordinate system at some distance from the event horizon, one will see time "slow down" untill the falling coordinate system is redshifted infinitely much, however time still progress in the falling system as usual (assuming it is freely falling it will modulo tidal effects per assumption in general relativity not be effected at all!).

Black holes are very odd things..

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It felt like a bunch of religionists going "Oh no he DIT'N!" vs a bunch of multiverse scientists going "Yo momma" this and "Yo momma" that. I turned it off by 15 minutes in.

Yes, it was a MESS, wasn't it, dear Scully (peace to you, girl!)

It,s terrible when you have the slowness of mind.

No, no, YOU don't have slowness of mind, dear jam (peace!). THEY have an agenda that they can't absolutely, totally support... so they SPEAK "above" us common folk. Religion does it all the time. Medicine does it, too... as to... wait for it... lawyers and judges (especially lawyers!). You just have to train your mind... to LISTEN. I mean REALLY listen. Not just "hear words"... but what those words are SAYING. You can do it.

Good practice is to try listening to the Fine Shepherd. Since his voice is in low tones... you really get trained! Because you learn what's often BEHIND man's words. At which you just might be surprised.

Again, peace to you, both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit