Convention drama

by Gorbatchov 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I did'nt like the convention (no surprice), but what do I hate the drama on saturday. A shocking inside look in a JW perfect family. The solution of their problems are stupid. To let somebody else ruling in your family life (brother and sister xxx in the basement).

The drama seems to be realistic, because many of JW family's look like, but are not perfect and a family head has to do something.

But this was shocking. Shortening workhours of dad, less shop till your drop for mum and girl and hang the music in the tree's for little boy.

After every part many JW applaused their hands in pieces.

When I noticed this I had to laugh, even when I had so many sad feelings, the observers view...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Yuck.

I am SOOOOO not looking forward to this convention.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

What was really sad was how the father was exasperated over nothing.

He can't keep the family study regular because the kids want to do normal things.

The boy wants to play guitar and the girl wants to date.

Big deal, right? Yet the father acts like it's the end of the world.

The only one who wants to do what's "right" is the youngest boy.

But in reality it's because the JW way of doing things is the only thing the little guy knows.

The teens are getting older and naturally want to branch out into the real world.

One of the most shocking things was that the "worldly" boy the girl is interested in says he looked JWs up on the internet and found that they are a cult.

To me it seems like that would just encourage the audience to do the same to see what the internet actually says, if only to counter it should they run into the argument at the door.

Let's hope that comes back to bite them in the ass.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I might add that after introducing things that should be seen as normal, like wanting to play guitar or wanting to date, there would be sad, sad music as if the family was falling apart.

Give us a break, WT!

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I wish I had the balls to go streaking right through the middle of a drama... and then do a cannonball into the baptism pool... it was one of my daydreams when watching them as a kid... now that would make an epic youtube video....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'd pay to see it. Should we take up a collection?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Yes JimmyPage, you are right. The normal things in family life are presented like a danger.

The family worship evening has become a hugh status. Things are not running ok. How is your family worship evening?

Things are running bad? Brother, you have to reduce your working hours! Pioneer! Just like younger days!

Evolution lessons at High School? You know that Jehovah made everything like it is! Simple.

I was shocked to see how brother Wrong was thinking. His reasoning, was so simple. Every problem was the problem of "The system of things".

He is an everage sample of the thinking level of JW's (including me sometimes!!).

Applause!!! Applause!!! Shit, pain in my hands.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The WT Society does not want any of its members to grow up.

It wants them to be just like that youngest boy in the drama.

If the characters in the drama had been real and you fast-forwarded a few years I guarantee you that little boy would turn out to be the biggest "apostate" you've ever seen.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I stopped going to conventions a long time ago. But I've seen videos on Youtube. I don't know if it's the same drama you're talking about, but I thought the family drama shown there was hilarious...and eerie.

I remember thinking these dramas were stupid even when I was a JW, and it was hard not to laugh at others who got hyped on how good they thought the dramas were. I always wanted to go, "Really? What were you looking at?"

It seems that I'm one of the few ex-Witnesses who didn't like the conventions. Maybe that helped break the spell? I dunno.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I hated the conventions when I was a JW...........5am pick up Friday morning in a crummy coach home at 9pm.

Up again the next day 5am pick up & the day after that...go back to work on the Monday morning totally exhbausted!

I used to sit in the audience wondering what the heck I was doing there letting them spout their nonsense at me all day long.

All that effort year after year & do I remember any of the earth shattering resolutions we all had to be there to say AYE to?

NOT ONE!!

Total waste of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit