When did you first start using the internet? How has it changed your life?

by JimmyPage 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It was 1999 when I gingerly typed in "jehovahs witnesses". I posted on a pro-JW board and warily took a swift peek at some *gasp* apostate sites, but I figured if I really had the truth, I would recongnise all those evil apostate lies.

And the rest, is history!

• moshe
    moshe

Late 1994- a new $2000 Packard Bell 486 computer- and Netscape got me on the Internet. Six months later I moved up to a Pentium- woohoo.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I learned how to type back in grade school and had some limited internet access through work since 1995. I loved it, so I got it at home around 1997 or so, maybe sooner.

Watchtower did one thing for me- they gave me the CD-ROM library and assigned me talks. That led to my becoming a great computer/internet searcher. I could find anything. I would be talking to a "brother" on the phone who said he couldn't find information on a given subject and I would find it while he was explaining what he couldn't find.

That led to finding great travel deals on the internet, improving the recruiting territory using available internet maps, etc. etc. etc.

I was able to heavily research using WT information and then using outside information.

I am really surprised it took me so long to disobey WTS and google "Jehovah's Witnesses."

The internet and the ex-JW community within are my friends and my anchors in life now.

• kazar
    kazar

2003. The first thing I did was to inadvertently get on this site as I was looking up the JW's site to find the next convention. LOL. Nothing was ever the same again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit