What's the first thing you did when you got out?

by fallen_princess 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

for some insane reason i love attention to details...and so noticed your title box was....WHEN you got out...then the last sentence of your post was about what you did AFTER you got out....and no biggy the question is the same...i get that...but since the words were not the same it just made me think....

how do you even know when you got out and in what way or ways?....

it means so many things i think...and to so many people in diverse positions of transforming themselves.....oomps

• Glander
    Glander

I knew I was out when they read my disfecalshit letter in front of the congregation I had been an elder in that cong. for several years and I disfecalshitted a few people while in that lofty position. Pretty much black and white. I knew it was coming because I provoked it. I was done

I think the first thing I did was have breakfast. I have never looked back.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I won't lie.....I went through a few women.....

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll. Only regret: Not doing more of the afore mentioned items.

• LV101
    LV101

tried to get in touch with a couple of old friends -- took a painting class and really celebrated xmas. i was so happy shaking it off and knowing i'd never again have to deal with those people.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The first meeting I missed on purpose, I went to Michael's craft store and shopped around like a normal person, all the while saying to myself that I was doing something normal on a meeting night.

It was surreal to be having fun on a meeting night.

After that night, I began contemplating celebrating the holidays and getting a Christmas tree.

I was sooo ready to embrace the "normal" life like everyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit