i could never understand what was "good " about the "good news "

by looloo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The good news is that you get to waste all your time and throw away everything that means anything to you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's good news for the GB = filthful and digraceful saliva-cl-a$$ (grovelling baddies), because your cash keeps them in comfort and they can funk you over whenever they feel like it.Oh, the power!

The 'good news' as indoctrinated by JWs is a totally different 'good news' to what mainstream christians offer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is good news IF you are on the winning side and do not care a bean for the poor so and so's who made the wrong choices. After all, you get to occupy their land , live in their houses and live what we call "The life of Riley"...That is good news . Of course all the rest of mankind have to die a horrible death so as to make way for you but "So What?" The Watchtower has said that God has pronounced them "wicked" so I guess they had it coming....

In reality this used to bother me greatly, and I thought that it was me that was at fault if my thinking "did not agree with God's thinking", then I must be in the wrong, surely? ..These feelings would rise every now and then and I would suppress them thinking that I must "trust Jehovah".

Finally I saw it for what it is and have never looked back..BTW I liked Wasanelderonce's description of the NW as "Picnic with a Panda World" - that just about sums up how silly it is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The good news is..

God won`t have to Kill you..If you join the Watchtower..

Whoop-de-friggin-diddly-do!..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit