Email doing the rounds: Bro. from Walkill shared news

by truthseeker 33 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha, wow I did not even pick that up. Don't I feel like an idiot for not seeing that myself?

That is pretty stupid. Reminds me of the braille menus they have available at drive thru restaurants.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It isn't at all stupid. Imagine learning to read a language you have never heard and have no hope of ever hearing. Good luck with that.

Sign language is a visual language with no written form. To translate English into American Sign Language requires a visual medium, like DVD or streaming video. There is a great need for translation work into ASL, not just Bibles but in all literary genres.

That said, it is BS for the Borg to count the way they do. There isn't a single NWT sign language Bible that is completed from Genesis to Revelation yet. I bet that goes for many other written languages, too. But they still count them as part of their stats.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

It's good to see that the Brooklyn Ministry of Truth is still up and running.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

excuse me, don't you need evil-internet to circulate email?

• Juan Viejo2
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Sorry - damn IE9 again...

What I was trying to say was...

I thought "Sign language" is what they spoke in Sino, that rather large Asian country. You know, as in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino%E2%80%93Soviet_border_conflict

I know, bad and taseless to both the deaf and the Sinolians, but...

Don't most deaf people read in the language they speak?

• rebel8
    rebel8

What kind of dictionary definition is "people who build a lot of churches"?

The whole email is one of the poorer examples of a jw urban myth. It's as though they didn't even make an effort to make it sound true.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    The New World Translation is available in 90 languages with an additional 6 in Sign Language.

Soo deaf people can't read???

Peace

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I could if my scanner worked. I'm sure there are copies of it floating around the net anyway.

I tried to find my wife's copy and it was the only mag for that year that was missing. I wonder how that happened?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Did someone ask for that 1989 Watchtower Vs. Bound Volume?

If so, look no further! I got it right here.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit