The anger returns

by mamalove 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

I have not logged in here in a while. Seemed I was able to subdue my anger and smash all of the past behind me for a while. It has bubbled back to the top....

I can't complain, life is good. I truly am happy, good job, friends, non-JW fam who loves me, health, kids are well. The nagging issue of the betrayal of natural familial relationships is what scars my psyche and keeps me fired up from time to time is what has reared it's ugly head again.

For those who know me, I have 1/2 dissenter JW family who all have various JW labels on them, DF, DA, Fader; the other half whole souled devoters/brainwashed. The other half who are still in are what bothers me. That being my sister which bothers me the most. She is so full of life. I was her age when I fully woke up and came up with my plan to get out.

My gosh, she is such a coward she never came out and had the decency to tell me that she was going to shun me, instead just a gradual not return text or email or phone call. Does she think about me? I bet so. It is just easier for her to ignore.

It is so bad to say that I hope one day a tragedy, a death, an accident, something wakes her up? The girl is so smart, book smart....but afraid of what lies on the other side. The judgement and fear of leaving the fold keeps her in.

I guess family bonds mean nothing.

Funny how non JW people completely recognize how wrong it is.

Thanks for reading my vent. It has been building up and needed to let that out.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Wishing bad on someone is never good for yourself. And yet, we need to vent so I sympathize (for I have felt this too.)

It's best just to not linger on it. If she (your sister) can cut you out without so much as a blink, then she doesn't deserve you.

I'm not saying do payback, but so long as she cuts you off, you just don't worry about her.

And yes, shunningis wrong.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Like KnowsNothing says, this is the place to vent...

We're here for you.

As long as you feel anger about the situation, please express yourself freely. There might be a few who won't agree with what you say, but hey! This is YOUR thread - you get to say what you want to!!

"It's your party and you can vent if you want to, vent if you want to....

• Think About It
    Think About It

Glad you are back. The board misses your sexyness. I was a day away from starting a Where's Mamalove? thread.

Think About It

• mummatron
    mummatron

((Hugs))

I know how you feel. I'm in pretty much the same situation with my own sister. A couple of days ago I emailed her a link to view some photos of my kids, seeing as she's never met either of them. I hope she sees it and realises what she's missing.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can remember the good times, and you can BE THERE if and when she has an awakening. In the meantime, it sucks. I'm sorry this is happening to you. What should be a normal family dynamic is warped by the Watchtower into a test of loyalty.

• man in black
    man in black

?

have a

about the good times.

to us here

realize that we are here to help you

listen to some good

pet your

watch a good

Oh, and don't forget to get plenty of so that you feel better !

• flipper
    flipper

MAMALOVE- I know the feeling. There are times I wish that some sort of negative thing will happen to my adult daughters aged 24 & 22 so they don't shun me anymore either. I don't wish them any suffering - just hope somebody screws them over in the JW cult so they'll wake up to reality. So I totally get where you are coming from. Hang in there lady. Sometimes it takes time for many of our JW relatives to wake up. Just know that you have friends here who support you

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

mamalove - It is so bad to say that I hope one day a tragedy, a death, an accident, something wakes her up? The girl is so smart, book smart....but afraid of what lies on the other side. The judgement and fear of leaving the fold keeps her in.

Hi mamalove. I am sorry that your JW family members are shunning you and I am glad that you feel comfortable about venting on this forum. After you are done venting, I hope that you remember the good-times that you had with your JW family members and that the WTBTS is very good at controlling the actions and thoughts of JWs. Why not send your JW family members an email with pictures of you and your family enjoying life? What better way to thumb your nose at the WTBTS by showing unconditional love to your JW family members and contradicting the WTBTS' phobias/indoctrination. Who knows maybe one of your JW family members may awaken because you are not withering in pain because you are no longer a JW.

Personally I do not wish anything bad for a Former Friend who is a devout JW. In fact every night I pray that Our Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will help her to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ instead of the WTBTS everyday of her life. Somedays I wonder if my prayers will be answered, but it is the least that I can do for my Former Friend.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

It's been a 'coon's age since I've last seen you around, mamalove. It's nice that you're here again.

Anyhoo... It's amazing how, sometimes, your own feelings tend to catch you off guard, isn't it? Just honour your own feelings and work through them at your own pace. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It really is heart-rending to see close family still stuck on the inside for sure. Be well...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit