In Unusual Move, Brokerage To Handle Sale of Watchtower Buildings

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

hope the lawsuits are flying out there and it's eaten with outside legal fees and victims. hope they have to sell off patterson --- i'm being delusional but fiction can be fun.

• belbab
    belbab

Did they find Massey Knakal Realty Services in the Yellow pages?

WatchTower always has been very selective with whom they co-habit with.

belbab

• blondie
  • JeffT
    JeffT

Interesting.

It would be interesting to find out more about how the previous deals were handled. I used to work for a NYC based international commercial real estate company. Given that 1) I wonder how many truely savy business people the WTBS has on staff, and 2) the NYC real estate market is a shark pool, I would guess their "we let the market set the price" approach to sales may well have led to a trip to the cleaners. Maybe somebody in legal talked them into the idea that the brokerage fees are worth it.

I'm not familiar with the firm they are using, but from what I can see on their website it doesn't look like some mom and pop shop.

• blondie
  • NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Total cost of 18 1/2 million, they need to volunteer some of that money to the average JW. All the gas money, car maintenance, clothing, hotel costs for

those retarded conventions, taking the speaker out to eat, missed income due to not having a degree, not to mention psychiatrist co-pays and the

prescriptions they put you on as a result of this religion driving you crazy.

That's not much money if they distribute it per JW. Would come out to $2.46

• undercover
    undercover
    That's not much money if they distribute it per JW. Would come out to $2.46

yea, but it would be 18 million that ain't in their coffers...

Not that it's ever realistic to think they would ever stoop to sharing their ill-gotten gains with the slave labor that helped them secure it.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Not that it's ever realistic to think they would ever stoop to sharing their ill-gotten gains with the slave labor that helped them secure it.

More likely that they would come up with the bright idea to petition every living witness to SEND them, say, $2.50 for "the worldwide work".

• undercover
    undercover
    More likely that they would come up with the bright idea to petition every living witness to SEND them, say, $2.50 for "the worldwide work".

LOL... yea. I could see em use that.

Dear Brothers,

As you may know, we are currently moving Bethel and the Watchtower headquarters out of Brooklyn NY to a location further north. Any move, no matter how small, incurs costs. You can imagine the cost of moving all the equipment, furniture, libraries, trucks and assorted other items needed to sustain Jehovah's earthly organization.

To help alleviate the costs to the Bethel family as they move, we are asking for your help. Each congregation will be asked to donate the equivalent of $2.50 per publisher (current publisher count per congregation) and remit the first of next month.

If each family head were to prayerfully consider this request and donate their fair share, then the costs would be spread evenly across all of Jehovah's people.

May Jehovah bless all our efforts as we continue to spread the good news of his kingdom.

Your Brothers,

The greedy bastards of Brooklyn

• undercover
    undercover

Hey... Greedy Bastards of Brooklyn...

That's a great name for a rock band... I better copyright that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit