Great news and attitude ..

by Dudu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Dudu
    Dudu

I had a great news at work, I will have few more responsabilities and more money ! :) Also, I am starting a new business and I have a couple of clients already, so, I was telling this great news to my JW mom and she told me : Dont get too proud of your financial success... Be humble , remember is all Jehovah's blessing . I agree that good things are happening to me now, but is also the result of my hard work and responsability, and according to my JW mom i cannot be proud of it???

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Typical JW mindset - frown and pooh-pooh everything not WT related. Tell her thanks for her advice. You'll be so humble she won't hear anything about your achievements from here on in. Then, stick to it and don't let her know anything more. In future, always answer "My humble attitude and gratitude for all Jehovah has given me precludes me from sharing any information about any success I experience in life." That ought to teach her!

• Dudu
    Dudu

Thanks for the advice :)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Anytime! Mothers are always telling people their opinion, so they need to be on the receiving end sometimes!

But seriously you should really be proud of your achievements, starting a new business and already having clients - what could possibly be wrong with that?

• Dudu
    Dudu

She thinks i will be toooooo proud if i have financial achievements and that i wont relay on Jehovah ....... As I have stopped going to meetings she thinks i am putting Jehovah aside in my life and i will become a proud , selfish person.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Congratulations!

My parents used to tell me similar things when I wanted to go to College. And when I started helping them out, they didn't say a word. lol

• Dudu
    Dudu

I have always helped her financially, with my success i was thinking to raise the help i give her but due to her attitude i will just continue helping her as usual and thinking more about my own needs .... I am starting to feel free :)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Yeah, the witnesses think meeting attendance is the only indicator of a person's relationship with the Divine. Nothing could be further from the truth! There's plenty of proud, selfish JW's filling the congs, even without financial achievements!

At least if you can financially look after yourself, you're fulfilling the scripture about being hard-working, always ready to distribute to the needy, instead of being on the receiving end. I've seen Witnesses 'relying on Jehovah', but in reality living off the goodwill of taxpayers and government agencies that take up the slack, while they 'pioneer'!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's taken me a long time to learn that I can't share certain aspects of my life with my parents, especially my mother. Sharing always comes back to bite me in the butt somehow. So when my mother asks if there's anything going on in my life I now say "nothing much". It's easier that what way. Less stress.

• Dudu
    Dudu

Yeah mrsjones,, it will be better that way, she was never concerned about what i really think or feel , so i dont see why or how that has to change. Now she is just concerned that i am leaving the org ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit