Need help waking up a JW friend - Significant prophetic years in JW history

by SweetBabyCheezits 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I took the liberty of copying LWT's post and converting it to a plain text file, downloadable here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rg0on6 . It runs 24 printed pages.

Devastating evidence.

• Ding
    Ding

What a list, LWT!

Your post is a real classic -- got to make the "Best of..."

If I were an active, believing dub and started reading that list item by item, I wonder how far I'd get before I felt sick to my stomach and had to stop...

I challenge any WT apologist on the board or JW lurker to read through that entire list.

If you think the list is made up, go look up the actual publications and itemize for us any errors you find.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I challenge any WT apologist on the board or JW lurker to read through that entire list.

If you think the list is made up, go look up the actual publications and itemize for us any errors you find.

Ding, I did just that. When I saw this stuff for the first time I was sure that it was Satanic works of trickery by the devious apostates that I had been warned my whole life about. For a believing JW, it just seems too crazy to be true. I just had to see it in print for myself. I thought that even if some of the quotes were true, they must have been taken way out of context. So I researched. It was all true. Then came the horrible feeling that the ground was slipping out from under my feet. I really kind of freaked out for a while about what I found. When I finally settled down, I decided to read Crisis of Conscience.

It's been discussed on this board many times but I do believe that the Watchtower's own literature is the single most damning thing that could be used to wake active JWs up.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Excellent list! Thanks LWT and whoever put it together.

Like Franklin, I occasionly have gone to my kingdom hall library and verified what has been posted/quoted on this site from Watchtower publications. It's ALL been true. So far, ALL OF IT. If a year, date, page, and publication was given, IT WAS TRUE.

So, my suggestion? Lurkers/doubters, do the same. Prove it to yourself. If you don't make an effort to show yourself these things, then you are doing exactly what you've been taught as a JW. That is to just read and accept without further proof.

You want to know truth about JW lies/failed or changed predictions? Research. Prove it to YOURSELF. It's worth the effort. But don't just take my word for it.

CoC

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

Marked, thank you.. a year later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit