just save every other seat!!!

by oompa 18 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i was just reading a funny thread posted by fallen_princess about stupid jw directives and something about seat saving came up....it reminded me of how i foiled the crime of seat saving at conventions....i would just save every other seat and it usually worked saving every third seat....i mean who walks in and picks a seat where you HAVE to sit next to sombody else???...............i loved breaking rules i guess..................oompa

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

. . .which reminds us of how very precious and valuable a seat is at a cul convention.

They should pay people to sit there.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

That is too funny! I wish I would have thought of that when I was going.

• Lore
    Lore

Here's why everyone needs to save some extra seets.

1: The place is never full anyway. They normally have like 3 entire sections roped off behind the stage that nobody is allowed to sit in.

2: Normally the place is designed as a sporting event. People sit there in normal clothes eating hot dogs which they buy at the stands outside. They don't have to pack a lunch, and they don't have to worry about getting food juice all over their good clothes. Eating while at a convention requires extra storage and room that isnt allowed for by the design of the building. You NEED an extra seet to store your lunchbag and books.

If they would allow you to LEAVE for lunch like normal people, this wouldn't be a problem.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the need for seat-saving has gone by the wayside except for special situations. What remains is the race for the seats with better views, more leg room, etc. The attendants and anyone already allowed inside before 8 a.m. have the advantage although they are not supposed to start scouting and saving until 8 a.m.

Because of my disability, I would sit in that reserved area although I would get the evil eye by some jws (I'm fairly young) and even had a few "helpful" attendants suggest I was in the wrong area.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You should see the mad dash at 8 am. I know of several accounts where people were trampled. You wouldn't think these would be older folks by the way they moved to get those premium seats. This is truly Gods organization. Being an attendant was no easy task. These people just do not listen to the directions the attendants give. Its a wonder that these people listen to anything the GB says.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I can recall several occasions at the District Assembly when my mother was looking for seats and everyone was saving for someone else, so each day of the assembly my mother just said when the people come we'll leave, needless to say, not one person showed up for these saved seats!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

This incredibly stupid rule by the GB caused more fighting and tears in my marriage than anyone could imagine. I had a big family in the org that would all sit together at assemblies and conventions. I wanted to sit with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, nieces, nephews etc. They were all so much fun. My ex insisted that since we could not ride together we could not sit together because GB says. So I would sit alone in the balcony with my dull ex feeling absolutely miserable, and he would be seething that I would even consider breaking GB's LAWS.

It was like a mini-holiday that my family enjoyed, and I could only look on.

• blondie
    blondie
    ex insisted that since we could not ride together we could not sit together because GB says

Actually, the WTS said you could not save seats for people who did not ride in your car. But you could sit together. It meant meeting each other at the convention at an agreed upon point and time and looking for seatings together at that time. Probably most seats were saved by then and it was hard to find enough open seats together.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Blondie, either way, it was so stupid and it caused much stress and sadness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit