Question I Asked a JW at My Door Today

by Broken Promises 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    this is what . . . her third visit?

I think this is the 3rd visit, not allowing times that she's called and I haven't been home. On those occasions she's either left a tract or a post-it note, or both.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Punk: It IS frustrating!!!! I can feel the voice at the back of my head trying to scream out, "you've been scammed!! Don't believe everything the WT tells you!" I realise I have to keep my cool if I am going to reach her at all.

Apostacy was an odd choice of topic to bring up, does she think you may be an apostate and trying to suss you out bringing the older guy along to check you out?

Nugget: That thought did cross my mind. But the funny thing was, she told me on her last visit that she would discuss the apostacy on her next visit. The thing is, she never really explained what the apostacy was, or how to avoid it today. It's a teaching flaw of the JWs - they think they don't need to explain things, that Jehovah will magically make the householder understand if they are "honest-hearted".

Cantleave (butyouhave): Rumbled? What do you mean?

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Nice one BP, loved your questions....

I wonder why the "elder" was there then, if he didnt have much input? Where I live, its sisters who go around in twos, and only married couples that go out in FS together.

I especially like the answer you gave regarding other planets. Wish I was as quick on my feet.....

Hope youre well x

Paula x

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Bp-It's great you're trying to make that effort to reach her. If I were you, I might start preparing what to say on the subject of apostasy. jwfacts.com has quotes on apostates that may help you see what kind of things she might have read on the subject. I agree that you may have been 'rumbled' as to being apostate, she might have asked you if to call back as an attempt to get out of the duty of calling back on you. What you say about apostasy could end the return visits, so you might want to tread carefully. I hope all goes well.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I wonder why the "elder" was there then, if he didnt have much input? Where I live, its sisters who go around in twos, and only married couples that go out in FS together.

I have the impression that the JW lady is a pioneer, so she's probably grateful for any company she can find for a Tuesday morning's service.

People who are not married can go in f/s together, but they usually would be sure not to be alone, lest they be tempted by Satan and rip their clothes off the minute they're left alone together!!!

As for being "rumbled", there's no discussion as to me being a JW before. Although I am living in territory that belongs to a cong I used to be part of, she hasn't brought anyone with her that knows me, nor I know them. I think she's getting the impression she's not going to convert me, lol. She did offer an article in the WT for me to read, but I refused. Silly me, I should have accepted it. I'm too honest sometimes.

• clarity
    clarity

BP, your "other planets" come back was brilliant! Nice going

Methinks the jdubbie has reached the point of no return -so to speak. If she runs away from you ('cause she hates having to think too hard) well, then god may kill her as your 'blood' will be on her hands!!

So the guy is just there to "decide about you". If you are deemed to be unworthy, she can then just drop you with a good jw conscience! (whew darn independant thinkers anyway!!)

love what you're doing

clarity

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I never thought about the idea that the old guy was there to judge me as being "worthy" lol. Maybe his disinterest in the conversation was because he judged me as being too argumentive and not "meek" enough?

I'm actually keyed up for our next discussion - if she returns, that is!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit