Do they announce when a pioneer steps down at your hall?

by Evidently Apostate 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

during the announcements they stop to bring up an elder and he states " hairy mary is no longer a pioneer" (not a real name) in a tone very similar to a disfellowshipping. i have heard it twice now but only from the hall my wife attends now.

anyone else hear of this?

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was a pioneer not too long ago. Last October...I talked to the Elders and told them I was reconsidering my decision. They told me to wait two weeks and come talk to them to see if I still felt that way. The following Thursday the pioneers names were read off. Mine was not said. I went up to one of the Elders and said what was the deal. He looked surprised. I said I thought you were going to give me two weeks and we would discuss it again. He shrugged his shoulders. That was the last meeting I went to.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yes, they announced it in the congregations I went to. And it was in that somber "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses" tone. Like not Pioneering anymore was signing your own death sentence at the Big A. What a crock of horse puckey.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yup, they announced me.

• Scully
    Scully

Yes, I've heard it, and it was common practice back when I was still attending meetings.

The last time I heard it was in connection with an Elder™ "stepping aside" from being an Elder™ and from Pioneering™ and another Pioneer™ (a female who was not his wife) being removed and DFd, and a Local Needs Talk™ reminding everyone that people of the opposite sex should not be alone together unless they are married.

I felt pretty good about the ex-Elder™ getting that kick in the nads (because he'd been an asshole to me), but didn't think the Pioneer™ Sister™ should have been DFd - mind you, that's pretty much the only thing they could take away from her, since she didn't qualify to be an Elder™ or Ministerial Servant™ as she didn't have a penis.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"hairy mary is no longer a pioneer" (not a real name)"

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    as she didn't have a penis

LMAO so true!!

I always thought that rule about not being alone with the opposite sex unless you were married to them to be ridiculous. I mean, we had our share of slutty sisters in the congregations, but the vast majority were tight-laced and wouldn't dream of doing something lewd with a brother.

What pisses me off is that they take this rule and apply it to EVERY area of life. So, while I am happy and content with my bf and wouldn't DREAM of EVER wanting my ex back, I must speak to his WIFE about my children and not him because it's "inappropriate for us to be talking to each other now because we are no longer married and he is a married man and (as far as he knows) I'm a single woman and it goes against Jehovah's arrangement"... Oh, you mean the arrangement set up by all those old codgers in Brooklyn who have probably never had a blow job in their lives and think that every man and every woman is just DYING to have sex with each other??

UGH

• Scully
    Scully

morbidzbaby

I must speak to his WIFE about my children and not him because it's "inappropriate for us to be talking to each other now because we are no longer married

You probably know this already, but that's complete and utter bullshit on his part. They're HIS children, and you are their mother, he is their father. It is totally appropriate for the two of you to communicate about your children and co-parenting with him. His new wife must either be an idiot or totally insecure about you being in contact with him.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's because THEY are dying to have sex. Wanna bet their wives are cold fish cuz they are stuck in Bethel for so long?

I wonder how Penny Pierce is doing. I knew her and liked her.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I don't recall ever hearing a Pioneer's deletion being announced at the Service Meeting. I've got a relative who recently stepped down due to her family circumstances changing drastically, and her name wasn't announced. Possibly because she may pioneer again after this familial situation works itself out. I know another younger pioneer who had to step down due to her parents gettting up in years, but she wasn't announced either. In fact, I didn't even know she was no longer pioneering.

At the same time, I know a pioneer who had a problem with alcohol, to the point of getting wasted in public, and she was temporarily deleted, but again I don't ever recall her name being announced. I know of a brother right now who recently got into some trouble, and he's now no longer a pioneer, however nothing's been announced yet, and that may be because the Service Committee is awaiting direction from the Branch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit