Do Kingdom Hall congregations communicate with each other?

by Faithful Witness 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

When asked, my mom denies that they do...

Do local congregations pass along gossip or reports on householders in the area?

Specifically, I am wondering if they might report on (unbaptized) family members that live in other towns?

Since the abrupt ending of my BS with Miss K, I have not heard from the JW's at all. My mom has stopped asking me if the "witnesses" are still calling on me.

We didn't even get an invitation to the Memorial this year! We usually get paper invitations to 2 local ceremonies, because of where we live.

I'm not complaining about their absence, but just wondering. They have suddenly become obviously silent, even many months later.

Did word get around? Did I manage to find the trigger that really scared them away for good?

(I invited a friend to my Bible Study session, and she told the elderette that she had come to meet her, "to try to bring you to the Lord." - You can read about the resulting freakout in my older posts.)

I know they take some kind of notes. I've never actually seen a field service report. Do they record any information about conversations you have, or is it just the amount of time?

• Garrett
    Garrett

I believe it depends on the congregations and the people in them.

where I'm at, it's all gossip and many of the friends in he different congregations know each other well,Mao word gets around quite fast.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Yes, I know for a fact the elders were sharing disfellowshings with others and spread gossip(spiritual concern) about families and members they were trying to get dirt on. JWs are not the brightest and don't want to believe the truth they are not living among people who love them. There's a poster who shared information that certain elders would call and shoot the breeze about judicial proceedings happening out of boredom.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    When I had doubts and was still meeting with an elder in my hall they were spreading gossip about me to other elders in other halls, the issues had not even been resolved yet.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

People talk. Both in and out of the religion.

JWs consider themselves a united, worldwide brotherhood/family. So of course there is talk - both good and bad - about experiences in the 'field' and the various congregations.

There is not necessarily a formal sit-down meeting to 'debrief' on reports from the field but there most definitely *is* talk.

Why wouldn't there be?

-Aude.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Jehovah’s witnesses are not the brightest?

What kind of remark is that???

Although they belong to a religion that the vast majority here has abandoned, it is not fair to brand the adherents that way, although WT at times do publish somewhat out of proportion remarks about other groups than themselves..

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Communication exists at all levels.

There is formal communication between elders such as when people move congregations and letters of recommendation (or not) are sent.

If one is DF'ed/DA'ed and well known in an area then this will be communicated. It is not unknown for an announcement to be made in another congregation such as when an individual spends time or has lots of family/associates in another congregation

There is informal communication on a semi-official basis - two elders discussing a situation over the phone for example. You can bet your life that the guys going into halls in Kent and disrupting the meetings (see YouTube) have been talked about between bodies of elders in the area, perhaps even with letters and announcements in the congregations.

There is gossip between elders

There is gossip and natural social chit chat about third parties between friends and acquaintances in congregations.

You can be sure that if you are well known in an area and developing a reputation for some kind of lack of spirituality then your name will be coming up in conversation at some level.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Try these (both relating to child abuse) so your JW mom might not appreciate it.

congregation letter of introduction

correspondence between watchtower and congregation

• Clambake
    Clambake

When I studied I was place with literally the most arrogant and pompous assholes I have ever met. Being raised in an evangelical church it is pretty easy to dismantle the WTS and show how ridiculously stupid it all is. It is funny how you never hear of a pastor, priest or University level theology teacher ever becoming a JW.

After about 7-8 studies, he didn’t seem to interested in talking to me anymore. Me and the girlfriend got married and we moved away, she was marked of course. She moved to a new cong, got unmarked. I make a token effort time to time to keep the peace at home.

Not a single person has approached me about a study. Too bad, I love to talk about bible theology. The difference between a parable and the prophecy, who the angel of the lord in the old testament was, the plurality of god in the old testament and how it is explained in the book of john, how quotes using the divine name are used in the new testament, the difference between the physical nation of Israel and the church, mosic law and the law of Christ, the difference between the old and new conevent.

Not a single taker.

• Aroq
    Aroq

Clambake,

" show me in the Bible where it states you need to report to anyone about your time in service?" Matthew 23:1-6;13 especially verses 4&5, explains the opposite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit