Update On Elder Suicide

by Nat 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nat
    Nat

Some of you may not have heard about my sister-in-laws brother. He was a elder/37/married/no children and my sister-in-law's twin brother.

He took his life a couple of weeks ago. No one was sure what was going on or what had happened. Alot of emotions were going everywhere. His wife/pioneer did have a memorial service. We and is very angry. Had a 3 hours visitation and alot of people were upset over that. He was a good guy folks. Alot of rumors have traveled over the hills these past few days and I'll now disrespect the deceased and family by discussing the details of what and why it happened. I'll say it is truly a sad situation. I wish he knew he could have gotten help. I will tell you this, personal I feel the org. had their hand in his suicide. They were going to disfellowship him the Sunday he took his life. My dad took his life. Could never live up to being a j.w. either. It's tough and alot to take if you think about it.

• Nat
    Nat

p.s.........sorry for all the mistakes in my post. geeeze! sorry!

• JBean
    JBean

It's amazing how horrible some of these occurrences are! I'm so sorry for you and I'm looking forward to hearing your story.

• messenger
    messenger

It appears Ron had a lady on the side and with the two hardliners in the body of elders he did not have a chance. His financial situation was also several thousand dollars to the red which did not help matters and surely will not help the widow left to deal with all of this. Ron was a person who always was a friendly person who sought the approval of others and wanted to be liked. At times he could be harsh with others when they did not agree with his opinions on how things should be handled theocraticly. It is true he was given no hope by the locals as far as mercy, this no doubt made him feel he had no way out but the way he chose. It is interesting that though he was the Presiding Overseer and taking your life is a matter of public record, not one word was reported in any of the three local papers that cover this area in Tennessee. How could that not be newsworthy? The widow was turned down by two different Kingdom Halls to perform a service. It seems his home congregation refused outright and when a nearby congregation offered their Hall the WT was called and they were instructed to withdraw the use of the Kingdom Hall after at first agreeing to do so. So much for the warm loving comfort of the spiritual paradisaic brotherhood. The now deceased elder PO got no funeral talk and a quick burial. So it goes when you no longer sell books for WT.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Nat - our hearts go out to you and your family. Speaking from personal family experience, you never completely "get over" a family member's suicide (almost 4 years ago in our case). However, counseling, reading, getting support from real friends and the passage of time can help immensely.

Feel free to email me.

((((hugs))))
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Please accept my condolences, both to you and to his widow. Please give to her my commendation for arranging a memorial service for him.

She has a heavy burden to bare. Please give her our Christian love.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Kep
    Kep

Nat,
    Please accept my condolences. It is truly a sad thing to lose someone in such a way.
    Although I am unaware of his situation, it seems he was going thru a similar scenario as me.
    It hurts to know this man felt that desperate for an end to his misery that is only the result of borg programming.
    Yeah we make mistakes, sometimes big ones, but as times passes we can pick up and start to put the pieces back together.
    Typical borg response, when you are no good to them you get shafted big time.
    Please be assured that my thoughts go out to you and your sister in law.

• Nat
    Nat

Thank-you for all your post and replies. His suicide did stir up some old ghosts, but I'm doing better. I want be talking to my sister-in-law. She's a j.w., but I'll send her a card.

• Beans
    Beans

This is such a sad story but we all know how this does happen.The Canadian Government has done some research on JW`s and Disfellowshipping and shunning,if you haven`t seen it I can send it to anyone interested.It talks about these situations.

Beans

• Nat
    Nat

Thank-You Beans. Is that information on the net? If so, do you have the address? I'd really like to check it out! =:o)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit