by sizemik 10 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Anybody know anything about this?

Jehovah's Witnesses: How to Lead Them out of the Watchtower

Movie Details

• Title: Jehovah's Witnesses: How to Lead Them out of the Watchtower
    • Running Time: 210 Minutes

Father Daniel Gagnon shows how to re-evangelize persons who have joined the Jehovah's Witnesses. Study guide included. 7 segments, including "Combatting Mind Control," "How the J.W.'s Twist the Bible," and "False Prophecies."

Production Credits

© 2010 Baseline, All rights reserved.

© 2010 All Media Guide, LLC Portions of content provided by All Movie Guide ®, a trademark of All Media Guide, LLC

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

haven't heard of it.. but a 3 hour documentary when a cliched "you can lead a horse to water.." would work?

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Re-evangelize? Lead them out of the watchtower to something just as bad?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. After being evangelised, that's just what you need . . . to be re-evangelised (yeah right).

It would be interesting to see how close (or far) an outsider can get to the mark . . . especially from that angle.

• besty
    besty

lets re-educate homosexuals whilst we are at it

trouble is there is a huge market for this kind of stuff

• cantleave
    cantleave

There is no magic pill or simple prescription, every witness defends his or her belief system by using cognitive dissonance, a powerful defense indeed. Watching stuff like this is a waste of time IMO.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm with the-illuminator81. Re-evangelize.... blech!

Calvin Blech

Yeah... X-JWs need another cult like they need another hole in their head.

• Diest
    Diest

Any 3.5 hour video is just a new cult indoctrination. I have always wanted an evangelical christian/ JW hybrid.....sounds like a fun person. Although they would be running on that new green fuel...BS

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

hey sizemik; i'm thinking about that scene from back to the future, where michael jfox is trying to get his dad to stop being such a dip shit, and get into real life. he puts on the biochemical suit and gas mask, and blasts the slayer(whoever) into his ears. i'm thinking something like this is a much more effective and succinct methodology :P "you are in a cult, get out now while you still can!" done deal, if only.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I couldn't help thinking how this mirrored the godrulz mentality . . .

How people disillusioned with long held beliefs are somehow a ripe harvest for a substitute illusion.

Still . . . the JW's had the same attitude to other "Chrisitians" . . . thinking they could "save" them from "falshoods" It falls in somewhere along the stupidity - arrogance continuum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit