David and Goliath situation in Australia

by Aussie Oz 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

In light of the thread on Mr Unthanks case gaining momentum i wonder:

This is a real David and Goliath situation.

It almost seems to good to be true that one man could cripple a multinational corporation. All the publicity focused on the Catholic Church doesn't seem to have hurt them overall, it's almost like these behemoths grow so big that nothing touches them.

Has a similar thing happened before? Anyone know of corporations colapsing (or even suffering will do) from the actions of one or a few?

The recent english newspaper scandle of phone hacking comes to mind but i dont know if it counts...

oz

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Can you give us a short synopsis for those not familiar with this case or what is taking place?

• Aussie Oz
  • sizemik
    sizemik
    The recent english newspaper scandle of phone hacking comes to mind but i dont know if it counts...

Interesting that you've drawn that parallel Oz . . .

I've been in touch with an old XJW friend who is a long-time Lawyer . . . he drew exactly the same comparison. Goliaths have to be on their best behavior these days . . . and the WTB&TS clearly hasn't.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Thanx for Barbara's link. I have't been around for awhile and missed it.

from the link:

"Criminal charges were officially filed today in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria, Australia, against the entire worldwide religious and corporate hierarchy of the church of Jehovah’s Witnesses."

I hate to spill the beans on you, but.....the corporate hierarchy of the "church of the Jehovah's Witnesses" leads right up to the Vatican.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I don't follow you Cameo...

can you explain what you mean by leads to the vatican?

oz

• Pig
    Pig

How can we donate to the expenses?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Aussie Oz: "

I don't follow you Cameo...

can you explain what you mean by leads to the vatican?

oz"

It's in the Papal Decrees (Bullas) that the Pope claims and exercises authority and dominion over ALL christian churches.

The Holy See has authority over the JWs.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

so.....

seeing that the Catholic church has survived its battles, it follows that the WT will survive its as an agency of the pope?

Or, the pope will let his little wayward WT take the fall and direct attention away from his main player?

Or, that when done flogging the WT, the victorian government will then go after the Vatican?

I cant see how the pope claiming dominion makes it so. I claim that all women on this planet are actually mine, and as such can call any of them home...but my claim does not make it so.

not being sarcastic...just dont follow the reasoning.

oz

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Aussie:

"I cant see how the pope claiming dominion makes it so."

Because he's got the whole world in his hands!

All I can say is research the Papal Bullas and you will find what has taken place.

The "Beast" of Revelation refers to it's stronghold over religious entities.

The "Dragon" refers to it's power over political entities.

It's not the Pope so much, as he is basically a figurehead. We are dealing with an entity referred to as the Holy See/Sea. (Beast from the Sea)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit