Rainbows

by Aussie Oz 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

We had the most fantastic rainbow here yesterday, probably the most solid colored one i have ever seen. It reminded me that jehovah would never again flood the earth..

NOT!

I remarked to my daughter that the rainbow reminded me that the Genesis account was a myth like the Aboriginal dream times...Rainbows are science, sunlight, rain mist/drops and refracted light.

I said, after it had rained and the sun came out, no matter whether 'god' was involved or not, there was going to be a rainbow. Like 'god' didn't suddenly make some alteration to the sun or H2O to make it happen you know?

I have to drop ever crumb i can you know! Its almost become a game with us...me challenging things she is taught.

oz

• White Dove
    White Dove

I thought about that, too, that the rainbow had to happen no matter what if the situation was just right for it...never mind that it was supposed to have rained upside down until then.

If you take the Bible literally, remember, it was not put up there to remind us of anything. God needed a memory aid.

It's kind of like those birth pains that were "increased" in Eve...never mind she never gave birth before!

How can something that never existed before be increased? What was it like before? Nothing? Really?

How can the first time of anything be changed? From what? Nothing. Right!

Yeah, you are doing a great job as a dad!

Keep dropping those bread crumbs.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

never thought about that one with eve...

must use that!

thanks

oz... ah the joys of critical thinking...no wonder the WT makes that a bogey man!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hey nice call on the Eve thing White Dove . . . hadn't thought of it like that before either. You got me wondering about the thorns and thistles BS now . . . like they were created just to make us sweat and piss us off?

I do know that I can make a rainbow myself on a sunny day . . . when I'm watering the garden . . . reminds me of . . . how I can make rainbows watering the garden. Like God needs a memory aid!

Yeah Oz . . . the bogey man shows what a house of cards the whole sorry story really is. Good luck with your daughter . . . I'm picking it'll pay off.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Make sure you take her to the right places for outings.

Having a tour guide tell you that the Rainbow Serpent has been around for much longer than Adam and his offspring could be a good talking point.

It's the oldest continuously held religious belief on the planet and it's right on your doorstep.

I'm sure that there are many tour guides that have plenty to say about the age of Australia and its fauna.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It reminds me that our Creator (not "Jehovah") does not produce "miracles" outside of what is natural.

All this wierd miracle crap you hear about stigmata is just that...lying crap bullshit.

The Creator works within what is natural.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Yes they always remind me that God isn't going to kill everyone one with an earth wide flood again.

Next time he's going to try it out with fire and earthquakes. Maybe some lightning too.

That should be better.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice lesson Oz

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It reminded me that jehovah would never again flood the earth..

Always struck me as an empty promise. Wasn't the trama of the supposed flood the murder and destruction? Well, god didn't promise he wouldn't do that again - just that he wouldn't use water next time.

That's like an abusive father promising his child that he wouldn't beat them with this specific stick again. He didn't promise he wouldn't beat the child.. so why promise anything?

- Lime

• kazar
    kazar

Good points Aussie. Veerry Gooood! Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit