another martyr

by Aussie Oz 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My ex wifes mother is dying. (perhaps even today)

i understand from my daughter that the has something that may be like Aplastic Anemia.

I guess that even with the forbidden blood tranfusions she would be on a short leash time wise...any one know?

My daughter told me she does not understand why she cant have blood.

(and that made me real angry with the WT...they would baptize my girl at 14 and hold her life to ransom over a doctrine she doesn't understand)

oz

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't know anything about the disease, but I'm sorry for you and your daughter. Is your daughter baptized?

NC

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sorry to hear that Aussie Oz

I`m sorry I`m not familiar with that ailment either......,but your daughter being baptized at 14 ?...... that`s one helluva pressure to put on a child,with all their restrictions,penalties,judgementals,shunning, that go with the responsibilitys of baptism in this religion is just too much pressure for an adolescent. My sympathies.

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik

I found this summary from the National Lung and Heart Foundation Oz . . .

It wouls appear your summary is close . . . a bone-marrow transplant or repeated blood transfusions may stall, but their are a number of possible complications. There does appear to be treatments available however.

I agree with your sentiments about your daughter . . . expecting a young person to "sign their life away" without understanding the issues surrounding the use of blood in medicine is totally wrong and irresponsible.

What Is Aplastic Anemia?

Aplastic anemia (a-PLAS-tik uh-NEE-me-uh) is a blood disorder in which the body's bone marrow doesn't make enough new blood cells. Bone marrow is a sponge-like tissue inside the bones. It makes stem cells that develop into red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets (PLATE-lets).

Red blood cells carry oxygen to all parts of your body. They also carry carbon dioxide (a waste product) to your lungs to be exhaled. White blood cells help your body fight infections. Platelets are blood cell fragments that stick together to seal small cuts or breaks on blood vessel walls and stop bleeding.

It's normal for blood cells to die. The lifespan of red blood cells is about 120 days. White blood cells live less than a day. Platelets live about 6 days. As a result, your bone marrow must constantly make new blood cells.

If your bone marrow can't make enough new blood cells, many health problems can occur. These problems include irregular heartbeats called arrhythmias (ah-RITH-me-ahs), an enlarged heart, heart failure, infections, and bleeding. Severe aplastic anemia can even cause death.

Overview

Aplastic anemia is a type of anemia. The term "anemia" usually refers to a condition in which your blood has a lower than normal number of red blood cells. Anemia also can occur if your red blood cells don't contain enough hemoglobin (HEE-muh-glow-bin). This iron-rich protein helps carry oxygen to your body.

In people who have aplastic anemia, the body doesn't make enough red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. This is because the bone marrow's stem cells are damaged. (Aplastic anemia also is called bone marrow failure.)

Many diseases, conditions, and factors can damage the stem cells. These conditions can be acquired or inherited. "Acquired" means you aren't born with the condition, but you develop it. "Inherited" means your parents passed the gene for the condition on to you.

In many people who have aplastic anemia, the cause is unknown.

Outlook

Aplastic anemia is a rare but serious disorder. It can develop suddenly or slowly. The disorder tends to get worse over time, unless its cause is found and treated. Treatments for aplastic anemia include blood transfusions, blood and marrow stem cell transplants, and medicines.

With prompt and proper care, many people who have aplastic anemia can be successfully treated. Blood and marrow stem cell transplants may offer a cure for some people who have aplastic anemia.

Revised October 2010

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Daughter is not baptised...what i meant was that they would dunk her at 14 with no qualms despite the fact she doesnt understand the doctrine (and i dont think agrees with it it either)

Dont know for sure what the diagnosis is as i am no longer privy to that side of the family, but aplastic anemia seems to fit as my daughter said..."her body has stopped making blood"

The mother in law was always pretty good to me back in the day.

another one who thought they would never get old, never have kids that went to school...

oz

• cantleave
    cantleave

I really think there is hope for your daughter.

I often think about you and your kids.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hey cantleave...

i think there is hope for my daughter, our relationship and communication has gone to a new high over her recent issues and i feel more free to talk with her about stuff

my son, bless his heart, is thinking with the small brain! He will marry his JW girl way to young...and get baptised to do it.

ah, if i only i found this site 3 years ago!

cheers

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sometimes mistakes are the best lessons... perhaps marrying too young to a fresh-faced JW girl will help him learn some much-needed lessons.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sorry to here about your ex mother in law. I do have a question maybe Sizemik can answer it. Don't mostly young adults get thisi illness? I have never heard of a old person get it. I sure I am wrong but I was just wondering. Maybe this will open another door in your life to help someone out of the cult. Take care. Totally ADD

• ekruks
    ekruks

Blood issue

....it's in the Bible, sure, but I still find that difficult.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit